• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roadblock
    • Apr 2010
    • Mackay, QLD

ML Super-Select 4WD Indicator Lights

Hi,

I have a 2008 ML VR dual cab. Its been a great ute with very few vices. Apart from the dreaded intake de-carb I really haven't had to touch it at 200k. Lately while driving in 2H I am noticing that the two green lights that indicate the rear wheels on the dash 4WD / super-select indicator are turning on and off randomly; not flashing. They will flicker, then turn off for a few minutes then flash on for a couple of seconds... completely random. No other indication that there's any problem in terms of mechanical noises or performance.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not that worried by it but if theres an easy (and cheap) fix I would do it as its just kind of annoying and worrying for anyone else who drives the vehicle.
    Cheers,
    Roadblock

2019 NX Exceed, Pearl White, MM Steel Bar, MM towbar, Provent 200 catch can, 140Ah Aux with Projecta IDC25 DC-DC Charger
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Hi Roadblock,

Most likely nothing to worry about.

I think its odd that both lights are going out together. The rear lights in my Shorty would go out individually, or both would go out if the transfer was in neutral. Does your transfer case have a "Neutral" position? There may be a switch problem somewhere that makes the ecu driving the lights think that the transfer is in neutral?
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Roadblock
      • Apr 2010
      • Mackay, QLD

Thanks for that.
      Cheers,
      Roadblock

2019 NX Exceed, Pearl White, MM Steel Bar, MM towbar, Provent 200 catch can, 140Ah Aux with Projecta IDC25 DC-DC Charger

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X