• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GHendo
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Northern NSW

Using Hema HN7 as hand free with smartphone

Just wondering if anyone has a solution to this one.

Instead of buying a hand free for a friend’s car I occasional have to drive them around in, I hit on the idea of taking along my HEMA HN7 and using it paired to my mobile phone – I’ve never used it for this purpose before. It pairs up fine and makes/receives calls etc. but when I tried it at home tonight, and rang our home number, the wife reckons she could hardly hear me – I could hear her fine. I suppose the microphone for the setup is still the mobile phone’s microphone and there doesn’t seem to any way of connecting a microphone to the HN7.

Has anyone got any ideas about this one ?

Cheers
    Geoff
    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.
  • Onslow
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2007
    • Perth, Western Australia

Probably just need to be closer to the Hema unit itself? Isn't there a Mic on the side of it somewhere?
    NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by GHendo View Post
      Just wondering if anyone has a solution to this one.

Instead of buying a hand free for a friend’s car I occasional have to drive them around in, I hit on the idea of taking along my HEMA HN7 and using it paired to my mobile phone – I’ve never used it for this purpose before. It pairs up fine and makes/receives calls etc. but when I tried it at home tonight, and rang our home number, the wife reckons she could hardly hear me – I could hear her fine. I suppose the microphone for the setup is still the mobile phone’s microphone and there doesn’t seem to any way of connecting a microphone to the HN7.

Has anyone got any ideas about this one ?

Cheers
      Geoff
      It's a long shot, but some systems are reportedly programmed to turn down the microphone sensitivity as the audio volume is turned up - I think it's based on the theory that needing the audio turned up loud means there's a lot of background noise, so microphone sensitivity is turned down to cut it out.

Try turning output volume as low as you can handle, and see if that helps with audibility at the other end. What do you have to lose?
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• GHendo
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2012
        • Northern NSW

Thanks for the feedback chap. Yes, Onslow – I dragged out the Hema manual and there is a microphone on the edge of it – it’s about half as big as a pin head so I didn’t recognise it.

I’ll try it in the car later and also have a fiddle with the volume as NJ suggests. My hearing is not what it used to be so I usually have these things turned right up.

Cheers
        Geoff
        03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X