• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexhaynes
    • May 2015
    • Perth

Originally posted by Trisome View Post
    Replacement, good result, as I watch the intake manifold temps with the torque app.

However I reckon this Jonny Tig one would do a better job as it looks about twice the size.

Trisome
    I agree with your observation. Also because Jonny's intercooler is foam sealed to the aircon condenser air turbulence isn't effected between the intercooler and condenser/radiator like the HPD set up.
    Alex
    11/2013 NW Pajero: OL bull bar, Hella LED fog lights, LED indicator and park lights, HR tow bar, Dobinson coils, TX3500 GME UHF radio, 9500lb ironman winch, Lightforce blitz 240 HID spotlights, Vision X trainspotter 18 LED spotlights, Shuroo, Bridgestone Duller AT LT, MX-Ultragauge, Airtec snorkel, EGR resister mod 3.6k ohm, bushskinz guards, 55watt HID 6000k low beam, double din facia kit, Kenwood DNN9150BT double din stereo, LED interior lighting, 2x blacktip 5 LED reverse lights.

Comment

• Trisome
      • Dec 2012
      • Bray Park

The other big advantage of the Jonny Tig is there it is up off the road, that is it not hung low where it is easily damaged like the factory or HPD intercooler. So once it is in it should be good for the duration.

Trisome
      2007 VRX, Cold Air, HPD Intercooler, 3" Exhaust, Just Autos Tune, Lovels Springs, EFS Shockies.

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

Just done a 700km trip from Adelaide to Kingoonya with "Twisted" and his new intercooler setup. GeoPaj, Pajero 12 and NJ SWB are also on this trip so lots of comparison readings were done whilst we were travelling. Certainly Twisted's Inlet air temps were much lower than everyone else's but!

I will let Twisted fill you in on the "but"

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• m_and_m
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2010
          • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by old Jack View Post

OJ.
          Gees OJ!!! Leaving us hanging
          2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
          2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
          Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• letsgoplaces
            • Jul 2014
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Trisome View Post
            The other big advantage of the Jonny Tig is there it is up off the road, that is it not hung low where it is easily damaged like the factory or HPD intercooler. So once it is in it should be good for the duration.

Trisome
            HPD have also designed a front mount intercooler.
            I'm also on this trip with twisted, but didn't do the run up the Stuart Hwy in convoy today. After chatting, Johnny's intercooler is running a fraction cooler on the open road.
            The slow stuff is where it counts, so it will be good to see the comparisons.
            As twisted has said in a previous post, this trip will be a good comparison between johnny's, the HPD and stock

Cheers

Comment

• old Jack
              Regular
              • Jun 2011
              • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
              Gees OJ!!! Leaving us hanging
              That was the whole idea of the posts and a cold beer with the boys was calling!
              Lots of theories by the assembled "brains trust" so over the next week I am sure solutions will be revised and agreed upon.

OJ.
              2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
              MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Gareth
                • Nov 2012
                • Adelaide (North)

When would the initial lot of coolers be ready?
                Silver 2008 NS VRX 3.2 DiD
                Ironman / Lovell 50mm lift, 275/65R18 Maxxis Big Horn's, Custom Rear bar protection, Bush Skinz intercooler guard, 4mm oil pan guard (self made), Bush Skinz Trans and Transfer guards, Bush Skinz Rock sliders, ARB Deluxe colour coded bull bar, ORU 12,000LB winch, Light force 240 Spot Lights, Custom dual battery carrier / Red Arc Isolator, UHF, Custom Tuned Uni-Chip.

Comment

• Stoneman
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2012
                  • Melbourne

Just done a 700km trip from Adelaide to Kingoonya with "Twisted" and his new intercooler setup. GeoPaj, Pajero 12 and NJ SWB are also on this trip so lots of comparison readings were done whilst we were travelling. Certainly Twisted's Inlet air temps were much lower than everyone else's but!

OJ.
                  Following.

My triton is about to have an unichip and dyno done this Wednesday and I asked about an intercooloer

I will also wait for for twisted's answer

And if i was advised one ore not
                  NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• spiderpig
                    • Jan 2008

That was the whole idea of the posts and a cold beer with the boys was calling!
                    Lots of theories by the assembled "brains trust" so over the next week I am sure solutions will be revised and agreed upon.

OJ.
                    Cooler piping won't fit if you have a snorkel?

Comment

• Alexhaynes
                      • May 2015
                      • Perth

Originally posted by spiderpig View Post
                      Cooler piping won't fit if you have a snorkel?
                      What type of snorkel do you have?
                      Jonny has to do a small tweak to the piping to suit my TJM Airtec snorkel because of how close the airbox pipe sits to the turbo outlet pipe.
                      11/2013 NW Pajero: OL bull bar, Hella LED fog lights, LED indicator and park lights, HR tow bar, Dobinson coils, TX3500 GME UHF radio, 9500lb ironman winch, Lightforce blitz 240 HID spotlights, Vision X trainspotter 18 LED spotlights, Shuroo, Bridgestone Duller AT LT, MX-Ultragauge, Airtec snorkel, EGR resister mod 3.6k ohm, bushskinz guards, 55watt HID 6000k low beam, double din facia kit, Kenwood DNN9150BT double din stereo, LED interior lighting, 2x blacktip 5 LED reverse lights.

Comment

• spiderpig
                        • Jan 2008

Yeah I have the same snorkel, Tjm Airtek.

Comment

• Alexhaynes
                          • May 2015
                          • Perth

You will be fine spiderpig

Comment

• NJV6
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2010
                            • New Zealand

Is the 'but' old jack is talking about that it doesn't fit as good with a snorkel? Maybe fits with tjm - how about safari?
                            1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
                            1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
                            2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• Alexhaynes
                              • May 2015
                              • Perth

NJV6, the kit will fit with a snorkel once Jonny does some tweaking of the pipes. The car that had the RandD done on it wasn't fitted with any snorkel. I have given measurements and photos for the airtec snorkel so Jonny can guarantee no fitment problems. I believe a safari snorkel is even easier to accomodate because they don't run the intake along the side of the airbox?

Comment

• MatthewP
                                Valued Member
                                • Jul 2014
                                • North of Brisbane

One way to have more clearance on the turbo side of the airbox, would be to modify the airbox to have the air intake on the end instead of the engine side of the airbox

Maybe JonnyTig could fab up a new bottom half of the airbox, like Slo78u did in the link below.

Depending on what cost it works out at, it would be well worth getting.
                                It would remove a few kinks and bends out of the pipework leading into the airbox.

Any restrictions to flow before the turbo are multiplied by the pressure ratio the turbo is running at.

The modified bottom half of the airbox would mean that petrol pajeros could use the airtec snorkel too.

Matt
                                05 NP Pajero Platinum 3.2DID Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X