• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • martialllaw
    • Jan 2012
    • Narangba

cargo area Light (please help)

I removed the cargo area light to sea how easy it would be to tap into the power to add additional lighting. Now I thought that this would be an easy task but now some time later I have not been able to refit the light I'm struggling to maintain alignment of the metal brackets in the roof with light housing. Even removing the end clips or the roof lining has not provided sufficient access to maintain the brackets position.

Anny help suggestions would be appreciated.
    2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.
  • glennc
    • Oct 2009

Phew!!! Last weekend I had the same idea, but at the last minute I discovered these and had a change of plans

Supercheap Auto is Australia's leading auto spares, parts and accessories retailer stocking a variety of car batteries, air filters, coolants and more online or in stores nationwide

Sorry for your trouble and that I cannot help, good luck!
    09 NT VR-X DID Ironbark, Auto. Mickey Thompson STZ, ARB Saraha bar colour coded, Redarc dual battery controller, Pirahana battery tray, Century deep cycle battery, H/Duty King springs (45mm lift) Towbar + wheel lifter, Icom IC-208H (licensed Ham), home brew rear draw system, 40Lt Engel + slide, Anderson connector for AUX power to the caravan ..... Towing a 6.0Meter Quintrex Ocean Sport and a Paramount Duet Expander Caravan

Comment

• martialllaw
      • Jan 2012
      • Narangba

Thanks glennc, I already have LEDs inthis light fitting.

The reason for the removal of the fitting was to add an LED light strip to provide some light over the open draws as the existing light is angled inward.
      2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

• The Commodore
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2009
        • Macarthur Region NSW.

Caution With LED Conversions!

I recently bought some LED conversions which conveniently came with various fittings e.g. festoon, bayonet etc.
        I converted one of my caravan internal lights and it looked great!
        I left it on for an hour or so and found that the fitting was getting very hot.
        I pulled the cover off the fitting and found that the LED conversion had generated so much heat that it melted and ruined the light fitting. Probably a while longer and the result could have been a fire.
        I have since beenadvised that these cheaper fittings may not come with built in regulation (voltage/current) and the temperature will rise until they will self destruct.

If I were you and was fitting these cheap fittings I would monitor the temperature rise closely, the LED's don't appear to get brighter or change colour they just slowly increase in teperature.
        Regards.....Keith.

Comment

• dunxallan
          • May 2012
          • Brisbane

Very late reply but I am running led light strips off the rear cargo light and I love them. I have led festoons also. I would be very interested if anyone has found led bulbs for the door lights....?
          Attached Files
          2011 VRX NT DiD Cooper AT3 275/65 R18 - Uhf - 2inch Lift -Rhino Pioneer Platform Rack with shovel holder- 105 ah dual battery system - Sunseeker Awning TJM N13 Bullar Bar. Light Force Spotties. 40 Inch Light Bar 8 inch Light Bar Reverse Light, 12000 Pound Mean Mother Winch, TAG Tow Bar - Airtec Snorkel - GSL Brake Controller - TREDS -Led Lighting Upgrade - False Floor with Engel Transit Lock - 3inch stainless exhaust - Roo systems ecu flash In Tow 2012 jayco eagle outback

Comment

• TheTaipan
            Banned
            • Jan 2009
            • sydney

$1.87 for pack of two with free post. Fit the door lights, also fit all interior lights in my NS.

Bought six packs, $11.22

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2X-31mm-6-SMD-5050-LED-Pure-White-Car-Festoon-Interior-Dome-Light-Lamp-Bulb-12V-/350657559224?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item 51a4d1bab8&_uhb=1#ht_1308wt_1397
            Last edited by TheTaipan; 21-04-13, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• dunxallan
              • May 2012
              • Brisbane

Thanks Tiapan. I have an NT and door lights. As in the puddle lights, or approach light that are in the bottom of the doors aren't a feeston. Amy ideas? I have looked on some other threads and it seems they maybe called a wedge light. OR something called a T10. I haven't got too far into researching it yet...
              2011 VRX NT DiD Cooper AT3 275/65 R18 - Uhf - 2inch Lift -Rhino Pioneer Platform Rack with shovel holder- 105 ah dual battery system - Sunseeker Awning TJM N13 Bullar Bar. Light Force Spotties. 40 Inch Light Bar 8 inch Light Bar Reverse Light, 12000 Pound Mean Mother Winch, TAG Tow Bar - Airtec Snorkel - GSL Brake Controller - TREDS -Led Lighting Upgrade - False Floor with Engel Transit Lock - 3inch stainless exhaust - Roo systems ecu flash In Tow 2012 jayco eagle outback

Comment

• TheTaipan
                Banned
                • Jan 2009
                • sydney

Originally posted by dunxallan View Post
                Thanks Tiapan. I have an NT and door lights. As in the puddle lights, or approach light that are in the bottom of the doors aren't a feeston. Amy ideas? I have looked on some other threads and it seems they maybe called a wedge light. OR something called a T10. I haven't got too far into researching it yet...
                My bad, you are right.

Here you go.

Comment

• The Commodore
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2009
                  • Macarthur Region NSW.

dunxallan, give Patrick a call at Kooloona industries he made mine up and they will not overheat and give a great light on the ground when the door is open.
                  In fact he will make up LEDs for any fitting.
                  I got onto him through the Caravan and Motorhome Magazine ads.
                  If you contact him and he is unsure about the fitting, PM me and I'll contact him direct.

His contact details are,
                  (02) 9820 5233
                  Regards.....Keith.

Comment

• dunxallan
                    • May 2012
                    • Brisbane

Thanks guys will give the ebay Job a go !!.

Comment

• Dion
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2010
                      • Brisbane

Originally posted by dunxallan View Post
                      Very late reply but I am running led light strips off the rear cargo light and I love them.
                      Did you tap them into the wiring for the factory cargo light?
                      2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• dunxallan
                        • May 2012
                        • Brisbane

Yes was very easy.Although they turn of with the factory electrical cut out. I do plan to hook them up to second battery next time I have the back out.

Comment

• talrusan
                          • Oct 2019
                          • Jordan

Originally posted by martialllaw View Post
                          Thanks glennc, I already have LEDs inthis light fitting.

The reason for the removal of the fitting was to add an LED light strip to provide some light over the open draws as the existing light is angled inward.
                          What a coincidence, i was trying to remove the light housing to insert wiring for led light strip. But i stopped i doubt i can fitted again.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X