• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Devil
    • Feb 2016
    • Valley View, South Australia

Intercooler Flushing

Anyone have a contact to get an intercooler flushed in the Adelaide Metro area.
    Thanks in advance for a referral.
    My19 ZL Outlander Diesel Auto. Ultra Gauge MX, Uniden CB, 270 Batwing Awning, Catch Can

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people.
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

This is a relatively straight forward job that you can do yourself with a few basic tools.
    Undo the 2 hose clamps on the intercooler hoses then unbolt and temove the intercooler.

Put about 1/2 a litre of diesel, kero or Shellite into the intercooler via the hose spouts, seal the spouts up with thick plastic and a cable ties or similar so the fluid cannot leak out. Give the intercooler a good shake around for a minute or two then let it rest for a few minutes and repeat the shaking. Do this several times then drain the dirty fluid out of the intercooler, refill with clean fluid and repeat the process. It may take several times before the fluid comes out clean. Leave intercooler in sun for an hour or so, so all the fluid is evaporated. You can quicken the process by using Shellite as the last rinse because this will evaporate quicker than diesel or kero.

Whilst the intercooler is removed check the air channels are not blocked with slit/dirt/mud/bugs/grass seeds.

Refit the intercooler.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Little Devil
      • Feb 2016
      • Valley View, South Australia

Thanks

I'll give that a go and see if I get some gunk out of it.
      My19 ZL Outlander Diesel Auto. Ultra Gauge MX, Uniden CB, 270 Batwing Awning, Catch Can

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people.

Comment

• hamils01
        • Oct 2013
        • Adelaide

hey OJ, any tricks to accessing/ removing the intercooler? Seen them have to take headlights out to do it on a Triton.

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011
          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by hamils01 View Post
          hey OJ, any tricks to accessing/ removing the intercooler? Seen them have to take headlights out to do it on a Triton.
          I have not had an intercooler out of a Gen 4 Pajero but a quick look at the Workshop Manual and it looks like it is accessed from the underside after removing the front bash plate. I appears you have to undo the swaybar clamps and allow the swaybar to drop down, caution the swaybar links are not damaged. Intercooler is attached by a bolt either side but I am not sure if the hose clamps can be accessed and removed easily.

OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X