• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ilikeachallenge
    • Feb 2017
    • victoria

P C Body lift....anyone done one

Hi all
    Just curious if this has ever been done or not.My old sierra had a 2 inch lift which kept the body up and just that little bit further away from potential damage but of course then you drive harder lines don't you and damage it anyway.Now I'm not saying it is or would be a good idea on a challenger but far out it would look great,and with big rubber and reduction gearing it may be a weapon.Being a ladder chassis it should be a relatively easy job to do the actual body lift but I suppose there is a few questions.
    1- Is there any real benefit ......other than the fact it would be 😎
    2- can it be done with regard to braking/steering/legal/roadworthy etc
    3- Has anyone got a spare PC we can experiment on...lol

Any thoughts?
    2014 Ironbark Auto PC. TJM Bullbar and 9500 lb winch with rope,Safari snorkel,ARB bashplates,factory rear locker,BFG KO2 all terrains,custom rear storage and false floor,second row Engel 40 lt fridge mount,tint,Rasslar rock sliders,100 amp dual battery with 40 amp dcdc charger,45 cent EGR resistor mod,MM tow bar,GME 40 channel uhf with RFI antenna,I drive throttle controller,hard wired 180 lt per minute compressor,kings 2.5x3mt awning,Xray spots,OztecKings combo.
  • DID Dash
    • Aug 2016
    • Australia

Bet there is no real trouble to do a body lift on a Challenger, but frowned upon these days with all the safety gear fitted, IE airbags, electronic stability control etc . Body lift could have some influence to each of these.
    17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

You are legally restricted to up to 50mm lift as long as you maintain 2/3's of the original suspension travel in the direction of the lift. You can get up to a 30-40mm front and 40-50mm rear with a suspension lift, 13mm by going up a tyre profile and this puts you at or above the legal limit.

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X