• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ITW
    • Aug 2016
    • Norway

Waterleak passenger side

Hi

We havent used the car this weekend, but Sunday it was raining like crazy with a lot of wind, so this morning when i was going to drive to work I open the passenger door first to trow in some stuff and than i noticed it was an pool in the car...

It hapend once this summer also but we thought the window had been open ore something, I blamed it on my wife and dried it up

The car has been standing with the driver side down in an little slope.

Any good ideas where I shud start to look for the leak?
    With so much water is must be something big i'm guessing..
    My Youtube channel with excavators and repairs
    Youtube.com/minimachines1
  • geopaj
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Adelaide

There's a few threads. Here's one

Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• ITW
      • Aug 2016
      • Norway

Thx didn't think about searching

The tread you linked to didn't have any solution, but I will try searching.

Comment

• Seigried
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2016
        • brisbane

Does the car have sun roof? If so i believe the drainage channel hoses run down the windscreen pillars along the A frame inside the car and exit in the wheel well.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• ITW
          • Aug 2016
          • Norway

No sunroof.

I've been googling a lot and searching this forum but no obvious idea what it could be.

It looks like people cut the door seal in the bottom to let the water out but and not in the into the floor, but I wonder how the water gets inn?
          If I can stop the source I dont need to cut the door seals.

Comment

• Purdy
            • Oct 2015
            • Mullumbimby

Hi mate, very common problem. Unfortunately the Pajero has to be parked very close to level (in a left to right span) or else water comes in over the plastic bottom of door plate.

Angle doesn't matter in a front to back span. As long as its close to level on Right to Left.

I learnt this the hard way as well. Shitty design. Its a 4WD so you would be expect that you should be able to park it on some gnarly angles and not get it filled up with water!!
            2016 Pajero Sport Exceed. Snorkel & under-body protection plates

Comment

• ITW
              • Aug 2016
              • Norway

Wow need to be parked level

To bad for me we always park in an slope outside our house.

Anyone know how the water gets inn?
              Is it true the door window seals ore something?

I'm thinking maybe the water is going to the wrongside inside the door when it's on a slope, maybe I can do something in the door to stop the water to leak on the wrong side of the door seal.

Comment

• geopaj
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by ITW View Post
                Thx didn't think about searching

The tread you linked to didn't have any solution, but I will try searching.
                Sorry, I can't remember which thread it's in (I've read a few as I'm tackling the same problem with my NT on the drivers side).

Do you get droplets of water on the scuff plates? I am.

One of the threads mentioned water leaking from the seal between the inner door and the clear plastic inner door 'dust cover' (behind the door trim), which allows water to accumulate on the scuff panel and then run onto the floor.

I've pulled the door trim off and wet the outside of the door with a hose. The above is definitely the issue with mine.

I've bought some non-skinning mastic ($12 a cartridge) and plan to re-seal the clear plastic inner door 'dust cover' so that water is directed to the OEM water drain holes.
                Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Allan2
                  • May 2013
                  • Mid Nort Coast, NSW

I have the same problem. Thought it was coming through the after marked front door speakers so I modified our dog bowel cut to pieces to form a shield over the rear of the speakers to deflect the water away from them but the problem persisted. last time it rained I took the door trim off and found a trail of water from above the door speakers between the dust cover and the door frame. It looked like the plastic wasn't sealed against the door frame with the original black mastic I could press it back onto the mastic not sure if it stuck or not, when I get a chance I will be purchasing more mastic and will double seal it next to the original.
                  Allan
                  2009 NT, 3.2 Auto, D/Lights & Light Bar, EGR mod, Sump and Inter Cooler Guards, Tow Bar, Bog Standard.

Comment

• willneill
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Melbourne

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
                    Sorry, I can't remember which thread it's in (I've read a few as I'm tackling the same problem with my NT on the drivers side).

Do you get droplets of water on the scuff plates? I am.

One of the threads mentioned water leaking from the seal between the inner door and the clear plastic inner door 'dust cover' (behind the door trim), which allows water to accumulate on the scuff panel and then run onto the floor.

I've pulled the door trim off and wet the outside of the door with a hose. The above is definitely the issue with mine.

I've bought some non-skinning mastic ($12 a cartridge) and plan to re-seal the clear plastic inner door 'dust cover' so that water is directed to the OEM water drain holes.
                    My 2009 NT has this issue. Did your solution fix the problem in the end?
                    2009 NT GLS Manual DiD, Cool Silver Metallic, OzTec shocks & raised King springs,Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/70R17,OEM nudge bar, BushSkinz bash plates, BushSkinz side steps, ARB alloy rack, ARB awning, Ultra Vision light bar, Uniden comms, 100AH lithium battery and 30L Dometic fridge, custom drawers, work in progress...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X