I was told better than Century?

Has anyone tried this brand:-

Made in Australia?

High Performance Maintenance Free
    Non-Spillable Sealed
    Superior Cranking Power
    Genuine Cast Calcium-Calcium MF

LEFT HAND POSITIVE
    Unlike many who claim to have a maintenance-free battery, the SSB Automotive line is a Genuine Maintenance-Free in every respect. SSB Automotive batteries are filled and heat sealed at the factory so that you simply install this battery and virtually forget about it. No need to add water.
    The SSB Automotive range has been developed to provide a Genuine High Performance Maintenance Free battery at an affordable price. Not to mention that its high cranking ability and reserve capacity will rival almost any high performance battery in Australia.
    This Cast Calcium-Calcium battery has been developed in Australia by Australians to meet the ever increasing needs of the modern vehicle whilst standing up to our harsh environmental conditions.
    The SSB Automotive range also boasts attractive colour coded labels to help the end users distinguish between popular automotive, European, 4WD and truck batteries.
    PART NUMBER N70ZZL BATTERY TYPE Maintenance Free VOLTAGE 12 Volts CCAcold cranking amps) 760 RESERVE CAPACITY 150 minutes DIMENSIONS
    Length 303mm Width 170mm Height 201mm Terminal Height 222mm

Brian
    Stock Pajero NW VRX Auto with Airbags . Swift Explorer 584 with movers, HazardMate Prototype

Comment

• mojo007
      • Jun 2012
      • western australia

Just be aware of the postage condition.
      Delivery:Varies
      NW Platinum 2012. Narva Ultima 225 spotlights with 55w HID globes. ECB Bullbar. Dual battery Red Ark Isolator.

Comment

• Quietguy
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2011
        • Forster, NSW

[QUOTE=Mild7;376428]Hi guys,

My NW is sluggish to crank over when cold. The original battery is now 2.5 years old, so I will replace it as a precautionary measure.

My question is; I'm fairly sure the N70ZZL will fit in just fine (Century Overlander to be specific). But can anyone confirm this for me please?
        Yep, my original battery started getting very sluggish so to avoid getting stuck I changed it to a N70ZZL. Fitted just nicely after removing that plastic insert, which just lifts out. And now my Pajero spins happily when I hit the starter - just as important it doesn't go flat when I have the radio on all night when sleeping in the Paj, whereas the original battery went flat after having the radio on for just 3 hours one day

David

Comment

• Dunk
          • Jan 2008
          • melbourne

I have an NW have used superstars battery SS70L 750cca. Have had this battery replaced twice under warranty less than 2 years out of each , they just would not hold charge anyways it's happened again.Must admitt there has never been an issue with having it exchanged.They have said they will upgrade me to a 900cca battery SS70ZZ .
          But this is the last time

Comment

• Lost1
            • Dec 2013
            • Melbourne

I'm another one that fitted the OPTIMA D27F Yellow top. Cost a bit more, but I also run a winch. The factory spec batteries are just too marginal for 4WD use. I had considered buying a Full River battery, but couldn't find a drop in fit at the time.
            09 ML GLX-R 3.2L Manual. Bushskinz bash plates, 285/75x16 Kumho MT51 & 16x8 alloys, 3" exhaust, Dobinson MRR 2"lift, MCC Bar and Wheel Carrier, 12000lb ICM winch, Dual Batteries, Billet Turbo compressor upgrade, Brown and Davis LR tank.

Comment

• Dunk
              • Jan 2008
              • melbourne

Just replaced my start battery with a Superstart battery.SS70ZZCL 820 CCA
              Cost approx$230

Comment

• Mike DiD
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007

[QUOTE=Quietguy;430330]
                Originally posted by Mild7 View Post
                My question is; I'm fairly sure the N70ZZL will fit in just fine (Century Overlander to be specific). But can anyone confirm this for me please?
                I fitted the heavier duty version of this, to get maximum battery capacity - N70ZZXLHD - this is also available branded as Repco.

The Negative post is further from the edge than the original battery and the Temperature / Current sensor won't clear the battery - unless you release the bolt holding Sensor to the Battery Clamp and rotate the clamp.
                Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

• Craig Best
                  • Feb 2023
                  • QLD Sunshine Coast

I just ordered the Optima Yellow Top D27F which has 830CCA for $435.

Most other places have them for almost $700 but I got it through Road Tech Marine, its a special order so I'll pick it up next week.

Got an electrician friend who can help with the install, so the trip computer and radio don't lose power.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X