• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garfield
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Moonta Bay SA

staying logged on

Hi, I have noticed today that when you sometimes move from different vehicle/subjects the site will go to a page that indicates you have logged off. It happened when I entered this website feedback. It demanded that I log back on. The same has happened when moving from page one of a subject to page two. When you go back to the previous page your normal logged on page reappears
    regards Garfield
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

I have been looking at this over the last couple of days. Every now and then the forum will have some kind of hissy with cookies. Try and clear them and try again over the next few days and see what it is like.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• garfield
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2007
      • Moonta Bay SA

I have cleared cookies and the problem is still occurring. When I entered the webb feedback, the site logged me off and asked that I log in again. It would appear that when you move to the next page it shows up as being logged off, but when you backtrack to the previous page it shows you as being logged on again.
      garfield

Comment

• my.paj
        • Dec 2010
        • Tullamarine

What browser do you use and has it had updates lately, just a long shot.
        Rick
        Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
        New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Peakhurst, Sydney

Originally posted by garfield View Post
          I have cleared cookies and the problem is still occurring. When I entered the webb feedback, the site logged me off and asked that I log in again. It would appear that when you move to the next page it shows up as being logged off, but when you backtrack to the previous page it shows you as being logged on again.
          garfield
          When logging-in do you tick the box that says 'Remember me'?
          Find this almost always keeps me logged-on using Firefox, except occasionally someone posts a link to an image/page somewhere else on the forum, & I get that same 'you are not logged-on' message & despite still being logged-on, no matter what I do I can't access the pages!?!

Steve
          Last edited by Stevie-Ray; 15-03-12, 02:15 PM. Reason: add info
          Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
          "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• Alex86
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Here and there

Think I had something similar, will try see if i posted...

Another thing you could try to do is put the forum as a "trusted page" (internet explorer). It fixed some troubles I had with a different forum.

Edit - found my thread, different issue and I never actually resolved the issue it seems, just came good.
            There were suggestions about changing the board skin to classic blue, logging in and out like that, changing the password...
            '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
            Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• Pickle
              Administrator
              • Jun 2007
              • All over Oz

Yeah most of the time it was resetting the password that fixed it.
              Dave
              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• garfield
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2007
                • Moonta Bay SA

Thanks for the help guys, the "remember me" suggestion has fixed the issue
                garfield

Comment

• Silver Streak
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2010
                  • Adelaide. South Aust.

Originally posted by garfield View Post
                  Thanks for the help guys, the "remember me" suggestion has fixed the issue
                  garfield
                  I'm not so sure sure?? I use the very latest version of Firefox 11 and have had all the other versions leading up to that, and I've always had the problem of being asked to re-logon, since day one of me using this site. It's annoying, but no big deal.
                  Mostly, it happens when I upload photos on to the site and I then go to check them, just after I hit "submit" (not preview post) and all I get is the text of whatever the photo was, and not the thumbnail for instance?? Don't know why this happens, but thought, oh well, that's the way is is?? I am "always" logged-in with "remember me" and have no trouble every-time I originally open the page, at any time.
                  Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
                  Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X