• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tenacity
    • Oct 2019
    • Willetton WA

CB antenna cable

Recently added a Uniden UHF, the installer cable tied the antenna cable to the upright on the OEM alloy bull-bar. Wasn't keen on the look plus would make it harder to clean and polish so have come up with a solution. I've stuck on two aluminium blocks with automotive double sided take to the back of the upright and cable tied the antenna cable to these blocks, see attached pic.

Works ok and the tape should hold, except; I was jiggling with the antenna up top and this kindof disturbed the double sided tape slightly and now looks a bit off centre, not dislodging but threatening to. So; any suggestions please on how to secure the cable to the back of the upright relatively out of sight, preferably without drilling any holes. Thanks..........
    Attached Files
    2019 NX Pajero
    OEM Alloy Bull-Bar, Bushranger Nighthawke Light Bar, Whispbar roof bars, Uniden UH8080S, Provent 200 Catch-can, Redarc tow-pro
  • OldEmmGee
    • Jan 2016
    • Adelaide

Look for cable tie mounts. Adhesive backed (go for 3M tape versions).
    2018 PS; King Springs on rear; Nudgebar; Hardkorr lightbar; rear storage inc Aux battery/Redarc BCDC; Provent EGR filter; Rear diff breather; reversing floodlight; MSA mirrors for towing a Bailey caravan....rarely....

Comment

• Mike DiD
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007

I have a black bullbar, so I used black ArmourFlex Silicon Modified Urethane filler to glue the cable directly, covering it with masking tape until it cured. This smoothed the glue and held the cable in place until cured.
      Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X