Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photos - You and your rig!

Photos - You and your rig! Show off your rig and your mods.

Old 25-04-16

Default Photos border track

A couple of photos of the weekend getaway to the Vic /SA border track
6 cars in total with no assisted recovery required.
This is an easy destination to get to for the long weekend
Attached Images
File Type: jpg border track 1.jpg (148.2 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpg border track 2.jpg (121.5 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpg border track 3.jpg (131.2 KB, 232 views)
Old 25-04-16

Nice, I'm very jealous this a track I plan on doing soonish.
Old 25-04-16
Valued Member

Great pics. Want to do this soon. Could you tow a light cub camper through it solo.
Old 26-04-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by green troll View Post
Great pics. Want to do this soon. Could you tow a light cub camper through it solo.
There are a couple large soft climbs, but it should be doable.
Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Stedi driving/fog light combo + LED headlights, dual battery, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone
Old 26-04-16

when were were there last weekend, a Landrover discovery came through towing an Ultimate camper and claimed it was a breeze where as soon after, another discovery came through not towing and said he was struggling to get over the large dunes.
It will be hard on the car and trailer cause not only are the dunes soft and chewed up but the ruts going up some are getting very deep.
After the one way section, parks have put a mesh matting on the harder dunes taking all the challenge and fun out.
Old 26-04-16

Was there 2 weeks ago. Solo trip. Only saw several other cars. Started at Lake Albacutya - Western Beach along the Milmed Track and stayed at Big Billy Bore. Then through Cactus Bore to Scorpion Springs and down the Border Track. The sand was soft and lots of ruts so in my opinion towing a trailer would be asking for trouble. Stayed overnight at Red Bluff and then home to Melbourne. 4 enjoyable days. Practice for the upcoming Simpson trip in June

NX GLS MY15 Pajero 265 265 17 BFG AT KO2 Bilsteins & Lovells, ARB Bar Airtec Snorkel Runva XP11 Full BushSkinz Underbody Protection and RockSliders, Donaldson Filter, LRA Tank, Icom 450N 75W HID Spots & Lightbar Drifta Drawers MSA Fridge Slide Engel Fridge CTek 250 120AH Battery 65L Water Tank Paddle & Lockup-Mate
NL 1999 Pajero 3.5L Cargo Barrier UHF Roof Rack. Dual Battery Engel Fridge No Airbags
Old 30-04-16

Heading that way in 1 week today, like most, starting at Lake Albacutya winding our way up towards Mildura, then down the track for about 6 days of fun. Hopefully lots of pics.
2002 NM 3.5L V6 Auto GLS, 33" BFG KM3s on Patrol 16x8, front air locker, Ironman lift plus poly blocks plus rear airbags, Runva 11XP, Bushskinz, ARB Combo bar, HF, VHF/UHF radios, 9" LED spots, 2 x LED light bars, interior LED lighting, Rear drawers, dual batteries, Projecta DC/DC charger, cabin filter mod, Bisho's centre console mod, roof basket, solar panel, Darche 270 Eclipse awning, ebay snorkel, activated tail lights.
Old 07-05-16

do you guys find you need to carry fuel when doing the border track?
or all good without??
Old 08-05-16

Have LRA 58 tank so did not need to refuel for all of my trip
Do your fuel stop calculations based on chewing 20 L/100 km whilst driving in the sand

Alex
NX GLS MY15 Pajero 265 265 17 BFG AT KO2 Bilsteins & Lovells, ARB Bar Airtec Snorkel Runva XP11 Full BushSkinz Underbody Protection and RockSliders, Donaldson Filter, LRA Tank, Icom 450N 75W HID Spots & Lightbar Drifta Drawers MSA Fridge Slide Engel Fridge CTek 250 120AH Battery 65L Water Tank Paddle & Lockup-Mate
NL 1999 Pajero 3.5L Cargo Barrier UHF Roof Rack. Dual Battery Engel Fridge No Airbags
Old 08-05-16
Valued Member

I took a fully loaded Vitara with a 40ltr fuel tank and still had plenty left at the end!
Also depends on how much exploring you do...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Stedi driving/fog light combo + LED headlights, dual battery, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone