• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marknab
    • Jan 2015
    • Brisbane

After market multi media dash for Rosckford Fosgate System

I have a standard Rockford Fosgate Audio system in my 2008 Model. No multi-media unit, but 650W 8 Channel, 9 Speaker system.

I want to upgrade somehow and ideally have a reasonably decent Sat/Nav and Reverse camera, but don't really want to sacrifice any SOUND QUALITY with the existing system, or loose other options such as Blue Tooth and controls from the steering wheel

Can the Dig Options or Extnix systems do this, or be wired to do this?

I watched the video and liked the flexibility of the Dig Platinum system was very cool. Ideally I want to keep the project on the lower side of a grand.

Is this possible? Please can you help.

Regards

Mark
  • EXTNIX
    • Oct 2011
    • Epping, Melbounre

Hi Mark,

How are you?

You have few options here and every option will have some compromises.

Firstly on Bluetooth:

e.g. If your Bluetooth is integrated into exiting system then your current bluetooth capability will be lost once you will remove the existing unit.

If however you have a stand alone BT system e.g. parrot / nokia Dash Kit or another kit installed afterwards then you can keep both new and old system. However, the steering controls for BT may only response to the original kit.

Reason: After market units come with their own built-in bluetooth.

Steering Wheel Controls :

In most cases you will be able to retain all Audio SWC with the exception of BT as described above.

Without Compromising Sound Quality (not possible)

There will always be difference between the sound quality specially if you are replacing Rockford Headunit. Just like if you want to replace a Denon Receiver with a Pinoeer Receiver and Vice Versa, etc. But yes the aftermarket unit either from me or Dig options will come with everything integrated and even look better than factory

Named Brands Option:

You can alternatively opt for Nakamichi, Philips , Pioneers , Alpine, etc branded units which will make a good difference but a fully integrated system (with NAVi) may cost you upwards off $1500 ++ Installed (depending when and where you buy it from).

Another option will be Reverse cam in Rearview Mirror and stand alone TomTom and that will come just under $500 installed while keeping all the existing sound / BT and SWC setup

Regards,

Asad
    Current Ride: Black 07 VR-X, V6 - 3.8L,

Mods:
    a) EXTNIX - 7" Touch Screen DVD / GPS / Bluetooth / iPhone Unit with color HD Reverse Cam.
    b) EXTNIX - Headrest HD DVD players with Touch Screen.
    c) EXTNIX - HD 1080p Dash Cam with GPS Tracking

Commercial Website: www.extnix.com.au

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X