• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bookleaf
    • Oct 2013
    • Adelaide

Outlander (2.2D) and towing

HI
    I am in the early days of looking for a new set of wheels (most likely not new). One of the criteria I am looking for is to be able to tow my 1100Kg camper trailer on gravel and near gravel roads (not serious off-road stuff).
    I can not see any comment in the forum re the towing attributes of the Outlander under any conditions.
    When not camping, it will be the daily drive.
    Anyone have any towing experience, under any conditions?
  • Dion
    Valued Member
    • May 2010
    • Brisbane

I would suggest it will be fine. 1100kg shouldn't bother the diesel + 6spd auto greatly. If you were looking at the petrol CVT models (esp the base model) it might be a concern, but not the diesel.
    2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• hobbo
      Valued Member
      • May 2009
      • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Front Wheel Drive + 4

Originally posted by bookleaf View Post
      HI
      I am in the early days of looking for a new set of wheels (most likely not new). One of the criteria I am looking for is to be able to tow my 1100Kg camper trailer on gravel and near gravel roads (not serious off-road stuff).
      I can not see any comment in the forum re the towing attributes of the Outlander under any conditions.
      When not camping, it will be the daily drive.
      Anyone have any towing experience, under any conditions?
      Just remember they are Front Wheel Drive in 2WD mode so on Those Gravel roads it could be a handfull, I'd be always using 4WD on unsealed roads. Plus make sure your camper/trailer etc have Electric Brakes Not Cable or Hydraulic as those could Jack Knife you when braking on unsealed roads.
      NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X