• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NFT5
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Canberra

Depending on the brand of epoxy, most don't need sanding for a few days to a week after application. Google the TDS for the epoxy you have.

Being "green" is not a problem to stop application of topcoats. I usually give epoxy 20-30 minutes before going straight ahead with topcoats. It's designed for this. You are correct about not applying paint to a hot surface, though.
    Chris

Comment

• disco stu
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2018
      • Wollongong

Cheers. I'm not sure of the brand so I couldn't look up tds. I had read that most were fine for top coat for a few days at least, but being the over thinker that I am... Just want to make sure it adheres well. I figured it would be alright to give it a light sand for adhesion even if it was still "green" (whatever the painting term is for that) just ensure it bonded well. Bit cooler here today so I'll get the color on this afternoon

Comment

• NFT5
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Canberra

Epoxy doesn't set hard for quite a while, so go easy if you're going to sand because it is possible to tear it. Not coarser than P800 wet or grey Scotchbrite will be fine.

Good thing that you're brushing on or you'd have smoke tinted colour. Even had it in the booth yesterday.
        Chris

Comment

• disco stu
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2018
          • Wollongong

Cheers. Smoke must be thick there. Thankfully not overly bad here, but I'm thinking it will only get worse as the fires get closer. We back onto the bush on the escarpment, so this work on the car could all be for nothing in the end!! All west of the Hume highway at the moment, but I'm thinking as soon as it gets across there it will race along through the catchment land towards us

Comment

• disco stu
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2018
            • Wollongong

Final question, I hope. How long should I let the 2 pack top coat cure before it's alright to install the windscreen?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X