X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • razor
    • Nov 2014
    • Lewiston

Be careful with the febest bearings. I have them on the back of NS and in less than 15000kms I have had one completely fail. They go from noisy to screwed quickly
    Previously: 2002 NM Pajero 3.2 DiD.
    NS Pajero Manual with mods

Silver NT Platinum. Long ranger sub tank, Dobinsons IMS 2" lift, Custom lightweight storage system, dual battery system with DCS 75ah lithium and redarc bcdc1250, full bash plates, bullbar, winch

"If you cant beat them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit"

Comment

• N i c k
      • Nov 2015
      • Australia

So do you guys think that all non OEM bearing will fail within 20000kms? Did any one get a refund? Does anyone know the part numbers for the 14mm tears or know how much they were from amayama? Parsouq didn't recognise my vin.
      Thanks

Edit: after seeing my post above I've kinda answered one of my own questions as one of my bearings was replaced before and had failed again so yea I'm guessing all non OEM bearings are rubbish. But don't wanna spend the dosh
      Last edited by N i c k; 19-02-18, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• rad_23_3
        • Dec 2010
        • Vic

Only got 15k out of one rear Repco hub/bearing. Other one seems to be ok for now. Just bought a couple hub/bearing assemblies off Amayama for $300 odd each + shipping. Part no 3780A007 for my NT LWB.

Comment

• eci_thump
          • Apr 2010
          • Karratha, WA

I'm +20k kms on my non OEM right now with no issues. However when the second rear bearing went, I found the OEM hub was $250 delivered from Amayama as mentioned earlier in the thread. Would have done the first one OEM aswell if i was aware of the price at the time.
          2011 NT Pajero RX2 DiD

ARB Commercial bullbar, 22" LED light bar, Black Duck seat covers, Rhino roof rack, Bushskinz, 2" lift, Tough dog front, King Springs rear, Bridgestone Dueler D697

Comment

• erad
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Cooma NSW

Andrew.Osborne:
            How hard was it to remove the hubs with the puller? It looks as if it would save a lot of time and effort it the hubs came off that easily.

Comment

• Andrew.Osborne
              • Mar 2013
              • Wagga Wagga

Originally posted by erad View Post
              Andrew.Osborne:
              How hard was it to remove the hubs with the puller? It looks as if it would save a lot of time and effort it the hubs came off that easily.
              They were quite easy once we'd worked out how to use it. About 2 hours saw the first one done (we started with the fronts as they looked easier) and then an hour for each subsequent one. If you can borrow a hub puller it makes the whole job heaps easier... I borrowed mine from work (I'm in the Army).
              "Right tools for the job, Bob!!"
              Hope they last a while - I'm a conservative driver so not too ruff on them.

As a side note I'm currently having a new tail-shaft put in as the old one failed - 275,000 kms so probably due? It was a bit scary driving her in the end... it felt like a "clown car" with oval tires.....

Comment

• N i c k
                • Nov 2015
                • Australia

Originally posted by rad_23_3 View Post
                Only got 15k out of one rear Repco hub/bearing. Other one seems to be ok for now. Just bought a couple hub/bearing assemblies off Amayama for $300 odd each + shipping. Part no 3780A007 for my NT LWB.
                Thanks mate. Are these the 14mm hubs? Having heaps of trouble trying to find out.
                $608 delivered to GC from Amayama. 2-3 months delivery
                $545 delivered from Partsouq I think are OEM 7-14 days delivery apparently
                $1556 from Mitsubishi dealer
                A pair of course
                Last edited by N i c k; 22-02-18, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• rad_23_3
                  • Dec 2010
                  • Vic

Nick - yep these appear to be 14mm hubs. I paid extra for DHL shipping from Japan - set me back about $190 for ~13kg. Delivery took around 5 days.

Comment

• N i c k
                    • Nov 2015
                    • Australia

Great thanks for doing that. My vin isn't accepted on any of those sites.
                    Appreciate it

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X