• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paj11
    • Jun 2017
    • Sydney

Tuners in Sydney

I have been researching for a while about a ECU remap, especially vs a chip, I was heading towards the unichipQ4 and then did further research and have now finally decided on a remap with a EGR delete, I have rung a lot of different places, read a lot of litarature and asked a lot of questions, there a few tuners I have researched and have heard of a few good ones, but after all the research I have decided on Gary at Diesel Tuning Australia(DTA) at Mascot, after speaking to him and reading reviews I feel comfortable to take my car there. I was quoted 1600 bucks which included the EGR delete.
    I am sure there are always good stories and bad stories about tuners, how has everyone else gone with their ECU remap and who have you gone with?
    2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.
  • Ky1e
    • Aug 2015
    • Muswellbrook

Dale is the head tuner up there, some seriously impressive results from CRD engines! Very highly recommended

Comment

• Gareth
      • Nov 2012
      • Adelaide (North)

I second this.... Dale is the man to see!

Originally posted by Ky1e View Post
      http://www.castlehillperformance.com.au/page.php?id=9

Dale is the head tuner up there, some seriously impressive results from CRD engines! Very highly recommended
      Silver 2008 NS VRX 3.2 DiD
      Ironman / Lovell 50mm lift, 275/65R18 Maxxis Big Horn's, Custom Rear bar protection, Bush Skinz intercooler guard, 4mm oil pan guard (self made), Bush Skinz Trans and Transfer guards, Bush Skinz Rock sliders, ARB Deluxe colour coded bull bar, ORU 12,000LB winch, Light force 240 Spot Lights, Custom dual battery carrier / Red Arc Isolator, UHF, Custom Tuned Uni-Chip.

Comment

• Paj11
        • Jun 2017
        • Sydney

Yeh I spoke to Dale, but at $2300, too pricey.
        2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.

Comment

• Ky1e
          • Aug 2015
          • Muswellbrook

Originally posted by Paj11 View Post
          Yeh I spoke to Dale, but at $2300, too pricey.
          Damn.. I must've got the mates rates quote.. Whay were you getting done? Exhaust too?

Comment

• Paj11
            • Jun 2017
            • Sydney

Nah, I already have a 3 inch Turbo back Manta exhaust kit, how much did Dale do it for you?

Comment

• NTBenny
              • May 2017
              • Newcastle

If I was in Sydney I'd probably go see MRT. Did you got a quote from them? Let us know how you go with DTA though.

Benny.
              2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• littleriver
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2013
                • Queensland

Roosystems ecu remap best investment we ever made to our vehicle ... these guys are in the know as trial and test their products in the real world ..
                2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• qball
                  • Feb 2015
                  • sydney

I'd only ever use Steve Hunt from Transformance Mechanical Engineering up in Springwood. Owns a NT Pajero himself
                  2010 NT Pajero Activ Ironbark
                  Manual with ECB 'Big Tube' bull bar

Comment

• Paj11
                    • Jun 2017
                    • Sydney

Originally posted by qball View Post
                    I'd only ever use Steve Hunt from Transformance Mechanical Engineering up in Springwood. Owns a NT Pajero himself
                    Hi Qball,

TME it is, I spoke to Steve and Steve it is, he took the time to talk to me and explain everything, I actually looked at his website before when someone else mentioned him on this forum, $1400 with EGR delete.

Comment

• qball
                      • Feb 2015
                      • sydney

Nice, he's a great guy
                      2010 NT Pajero Activ Ironbark
                      Manual with ECB 'Big Tube' bull bar

Comment

• Paj11
                        • Jun 2017
                        • Sydney

Originally posted by qball View Post
                        Nice, he's a great guy
                        Yeh, really took the time to chat, I was always worried about going to a tuner that does petrol but dabbles in diesel and especially one that doesn't work on Mitsis, but I can see Mitsis are his bread and butter and he has done a lot of work on his own Pajero so it seems he knows the ins and outs of that model, that's the important thing. I reckon even the tuners that do a lot of diesel mainly would work on, Cruisers, hiluxs and patrols and get little work on pajeros, I maybe wrong.
                        But yeh, I felt comfortable with him, he told me he does about 20 runs on the dyno to make sure he is happy, and saves all the files after each run. So that's impressive, so I can see he takes the time, he said he can also tell when tuning if your manifold is clogged up and will asjust the tune to suit or stop and give you a call to advise it needs to be cleaned to get the best out of it.

Comment

• twisted32
                          • Jan 2015
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Paj11 View Post
                          Yeh, really took the time to chat, I was always worried about going to a tuner that does petrol but dabbles in diesel and especially one that doesn't work on Mitsis, but I can see Mitsis are his bread and butter and he has done a lot of work on his own Pajero so it seems he knows the ins and outs of that model, that's the important thing. I reckon even the tuners that do a lot of diesel mainly would work on, Cruisers, hiluxs and patrols and get little work on pajeros, I maybe wrong.
                          But yeh, I felt comfortable with him, he told me he does about 20 runs on the dyno to make sure he is happy, and saves all the files after each run. So that's impressive, so I can see he takes the time, he said he can also tell when tuning if your manifold is clogged up and will asjust the tune to suit or stop and give you a call to advise it needs to be cleaned to get the best out of it.
                          You won't be dissapointed with Steve, he is the only one I trust to tune any of my cars. He has did my NW in August, and it has transformed the car.
                          His attention to detail to get the most out of it, but keep everything safe and smooth is why he spends so much time on the dyno on each vehicle.
                          Would love to see the results once you are done.
                          MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• Paj11
                            • Jun 2017
                            • Sydney

Originally posted by twisted32 View Post
                            You won't be dissapointed with Steve, he is the only one I trust to tune any of my cars. He has did my NW in August, and it has transformed the car.
                            His attention to detail to get the most out of it, but keep everything safe and smooth is why he spends so much time on the dyno on each vehicle.
                            Would love to see the results once you are done.
                            I am booked in 2 weeks, I will post results. I have also got two other mates that own tritons that are also keen to see how it goes, they are thinking about doing it as well. So counting down the days, then a couple days after the tune, up the coast for some driving to see how it runs, and then some sand driving.

Comment

• Paj11
                              • Jun 2017
                              • Sydney

Well I had the car tuned by Steve at TME and in the short time I had it I can say what a difference, it just feels smoother with more response, Steve is a perfectionist, he wants to get it right and won't sign it off untill he is happy. Look I am sure there are plenty of good tuners out there, but from my experience he is a genuine guy and has the knowledge to do a great tune and work on your car, so if anyone is looking at a tune keep Steve from TME in mind. A very good experience.
                              The car peaked at 562N.M @ 1342 and 126.2KW @ 4228, but it's not the numbers that I was after, the drive just feels better and instantly went from 11.3ltrs per 100 down to 10.2 per 100 highway driving and that will more likely drop a little more when I rack up some more highway time.
                              Last edited by Paj11; 18-11-17, 03:50 PM. Reason: Update figures

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X