• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hatto
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2013
    • Mandurah WA

Pressure pump or switched on/off

I have just purchased a camper trailer and want to fit a 12v water pump to feed a sink tap at the tail gate. And maybe another connection on the side for a shower. I have seen on eBay the tap and pump combo's with an on/off switch on the tap like this.
    1 x 12V Self-Priming Galley Pump Set. 12V self-priming galley pressure pump, complete with faucet. Self priming. Waterproof rubber boot, to protect on toggle switch from accidental water splashes. © JAG Trading Online.

The other option is of course is a pressure pump. Turn the tap on and hey presto the water comes out! Like this.
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 12v Pump Water Pressure 4.3lpm 35 PSI Self-priming Caravan Camping Farm Boat at the best online prices at eBay!

What would you use and why? Also what spec pump would be ideal for a sink tap (litres per minute and cut out pressure). They seem to cut out at between 35 and 80 psi. Look forward to hearing your thoughts
    Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
    ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.
  • m_and_m
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2010
    • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

If you want to connect the shower I'd get the automatic on/off pressure switch.
    Also, if you want a shower you need the think about the litres/min.
    A normal water saver shower head does about 9l/min.
    Getting 4l may be a bit slow. Depends on your expectations. If carrying your own water the key is to use it sparingly though.

My van has an external tap fed by the 12v pump. I connect a normal hose trigger head to it. The auto pressure switch is the way to go. Use this to clean sand off feet, wash-down after surf etc etc. click and spray..no fuss.
    2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
    2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
    Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• mrbitchi
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Brisbane

I use an auto switching pump on my camper, 3.5lt/min for general use. Be wary of a high flow rate pump. You'll chew through water like you wouldn't believe..

For showers I use a portable Primus unit fed out of a bucket. That way I know precisely how much water I'm wasting.
      Cheers, John.
      LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
      Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• Les PK Ranger
        • Dec 2015
        • Adelaide

Most water pumps seem to have inbuilt pressure switch anyway, I got this one with my Dolium tank . . . 12v pump

Nowhere to go, all day to get there . . .

Comment

• stevemc181
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • Thornlie/Perth

I'm running an 11.4lpm Shurflo pump for my rear water tank. This pumps via a BEST filter which knocks the pressure down a fair bit. I've also just finished mounting a second Shurflo 11.4lpm pump under the bonnet which has an inlet/ outlet on the bulbar. I run a small tub of water and recirculate it via a 40 mesh screen for showering.

I got sick of the usual poor pressure with most camp showers and this set up has awesome pressure and so long as we recycle the water, we can shower for ages on 3 or 4 litres. Even with the pressure pumps it is advisable to have it switched. Otherwise you risk pumping all your water out if you develop a leak.
          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
          3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Les PK Ranger
            • Dec 2015
            • Adelaide

Stevens right, looking at your OP, and the bit about shower . . . you need a bit more pressure for that, especially if going through a fine filter.
            With mine, it's just one tap for drinking / cooking purposes, and a lower volume pump is actually good as it keeps you from using too much !!
            You have to restrict showers a bit depending on our tank size / days out etc, very easy for some to enjoy the hot shower just a little too long

Nowhere to go, all day to get there . . .

Comment

• rudymil1982
              • May 2016
              • santo domingo

My abs brake pump rotor is broken...

Hello everyone, I own a montero 2001, diesel engine, 4m40, and my brake pump stoped working, and i dismounted it and seem that the electric cables and clips that goes from abs pump to the rotor were oxidated and in bad conditions.

So i cleaned up the cables and electric clips and probe it. The electric motor worked! I remounted the pump again on, and then stopped working again..so when i desmounted it again, i could see tha the motor had lots and lots of sediments from the contact graphites and that was stopping the rotor to start.

While trying to open the motor of my abs brake pump to clean it up I accidentaly broke it!!. I broke the magnets and also the rotor. it has not rebuilding opportunity.. it is to damaged.

Does anyone know what is more reliable..Buying a new motor for the pump or downgrading to basics pressure pump brakes (not abs pump)??

I can see that to motor cost round close to the Hundreds and here in santo domingo is no cheap to repair the abs pump..!!
              Attached Files

Comment

• RUGGA
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2014
                • Adelaide

Hi Rudymil and welcome to the forum.

You have posted your question in the wrong area of the forum which means you limit your chances of having it seen by the majority of people that may be of assistance to you. However, have a read of this amazing thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=46516
                02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X