Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Are Gazebos with fly mesh rooms worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bru9
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • Victoria

Are Gazebos with fly mesh rooms worth it?

Not sure If I wan't to spend around 400 bucks on a 3M Gazebo & fly mesh kit just for eating meals in.

They look like alot of money for a heavy awkward storage, long setup, hard to clean thing.

Are they 30secsonds to fully setup? 1min? 2mins? They look like a big clean up at home due to the floor they have.

Would you use them for small stops 1-2nights duration? Some places the insects are shocking.

Looking at alternatives like mesh kits on 4wd awnings they are not an option because such awnings don't keep sun out all day, you may have to drive off somewhere & they heavily restrict access to vehicle.
    2000 NM Exceed Auto V6 3.5
  • BBP
    • Oct 2007
    • Canberra

Don't know about the 3M one. But I used to have one some years ago when the kids were small. Took two to setup and if it was windy, what a B*&^$!!D. Used it a few time and now lies in a pile with the other unused junk. Needed lots of pegging down to stop it from taking off in the wind. Maybe it was just that model but I didn't bother with it after a while.

That being said it was a good place to eat in summer away from the flies etc.

Comment

• dhula
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • South of Perth

Aldi are selling something like that for $99 right now, maybe worth a look.
      Don;t know quality or how it works, saw it in the catalog during the week
      2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
      2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2014
        • Wellington,New Zealand

in my limited experience gazebos are good if it is never windy.Every gazebo i have seen turns to junk in the wind.
        2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
        BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• P4J3R0
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2013
          • Brisbane

Looking at these to for our trip to frasers western side over Christmas.

Any good reports about them working?
          NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• greybeard
            • Jan 2008
            • WA

Ditto with the wind. However if it's windy enough to blow the gazebo about then it'll move the flies along as well. So no need for the gazebo.
            Besides when was the last time you managed to get a kid through a door without letting the flies in? I reckon it just gives them (the flies) a captive target audience.
            Good spectator sport though ymmv

Comment

• Bru9
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2014
              • Victoria

Originally posted by greybeard View Post
              Ditto with the wind. However if it's windy enough to blow the gazebo about then it'll move the flies along as well. So no need for the gazebo.
              Besides when was the last time you managed to get a kid through a door without letting the flies in? I reckon it just gives them (the flies) a captive target audience.
              Good spectator sport though ymmv
              I noticed this too, to the point I thought about a large pedestal fan, but too much power consumption.
              2000 NM Exceed Auto V6 3.5

Comment

• brenden
                • Apr 2009
                • central victoria

We have an Aldi Gazeebo and an Oz Tent Hex Tent. Both great, easy set up. Just lock them down with the tent pegs. The OzTent with the walls on and pegged down takes between 5-8 mins to set up is rain proof and stands up to 70-80 kmh winds. The Aldi doesn't have walls but is a great screen and shade tent Great gear! cheers Brenden

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X