• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by jackjunior View Post
    my front tyres were hitting the inside guard wen I was 4x4 ...
    I had trouble with my NT, using 32" tyres. The front struts were installed without the required bump stop, which is number 9 in the attached pic.

I could only find replacements through Mitsubishi - I don't remember the price, but they had to come out of Sydney.

I doubt that your new front struts would come with them - I expect you'll need to order a set yourself, and ensure whoever installs your new struts puts them in. If your new struts come pre-assembled without the bump stops, they will require disassembly to have the bump stops installed - I suspect this is why they get lost, as the genuine assembly is removed intact, and the pre-assembled replacement is installed without thought.

If you purchase a pre-assembled front strut, find out if it comes with the bump stop installed. If it doesn't, the installer will need to spend extra time on disassembly and reassembly.

... so I am thinking of buying the comfort ride kit Lovell's springs and webco shockers for $550 they are selling for a ns pajero they must by ok otherwise they cant sell it ? on eBay.
    Don't bet on it. People can sell just about anything on eBay, whether it's good, bad or indifferent.
    Attached Files
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• dhula
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • South of Perth

A lot of aftermarket shocks have a larger diameter rod which the stock Paj bump stop will not fit. The bump stop can be modded to fit, kinda but it won't fit spot on. The bellows on the bump stop can rub on the shock body in some cases also.
      Supapro make a bump stop that can work with some aftermarket shocks but in some cases that needs to be modded as well so it works properly
      2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
      2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• jackjunior
        • Oct 2014
        • kadina s.a

yes it's a pajero ns 3.2 auto X cop car my tyres are 265/65/17 /the springs and shockers are on car since new maybe to old now pajero got 253000km on it .. the tyres are hitting the plastic in the guard wen I went 4x4 with my son he got a patrol it's got a lift kit and we went over sand dunes first time for me and my pajero my pajero is to low my inter cooler was full of sand I follow him but my kept getting bogt it's to low

Comment

• craka
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Newcastle (Newie)

yes it's a pajero ns 3.2 auto X cop car my tyres are 265/65/17 /the springs and shockers are on car since new maybe to old now pajero got 253000km on it .. the tyres are hitting the plastic in the guard wen I went 4x4 with my son he got a patrol it's got a lift kit and we went over sand dunes first time for me and my pajero my pajero is to low my inter cooler was full of sand I follow him but my kept getting bogt it's to low
          I would think that at least shocks alone would be nackered after 250000+kms , and springs I imagine probably have sagged a little.

The pajero in stock form, usually is quite good on the sand, a little caveat to that is the susceptibility of the intercooler. I would be getting a intercooler and sump guard as a priority.

Also not sure if you are aware or not but you need to turn the ASC off when on sand as it will kick in and cut power each time it detects wheel slip.
          NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• jackjunior
            • Oct 2014
            • kadina s.a

hi all I bought a set thanks for all the info cheers jack

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X