• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ent
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2014
    • Tasmania

I am more thinking on driveline strain. The 2.5HP apart from poor block machining on a significant number appears otherwise pretty indestructible. Any tune for a manual would recover the 50nm surrendered by MMAL to protect the auto on the autos.

My concern is the CVs are reasonably strong on the Challenger but increased lift puts pressure on them. Trimming droop stops further plays with fire. Then add more power and things start to look dicey. In my case the 40% lower transfer gear is further multiplying torque.

At some point things that normally do not break will. Of course, MMAL has to factor in idoit drivers that are more than capable of destroying anything. In sympathic hands modification trade-offs should not be a problem.

Also, MMAL has to very worried by emissions while tuner may not be as concerned.

If there was a magic bullet to increase torque from 700-1500rpm I might be more inclined to shell out the rather large amount of money demanded. But this area strikes the simple fact that there is only one turbo. More than happy with standard torque and power above 2000 rpm. Though with DooSo greater weight a bit more torque would be handy on long climbs. Or a manual gearbox not so inclined to balk on downshifts.
    2014 PC Challenger, manual, factory tow-bar, factory front diff protector, TJM inter-cooler plate, Bushskinz manual transmission protection plate, ProRack S16 roof racks, front elocker, Drummond Motor Sport front struts, custom 16mm King rear springs with Bilstein Dampeners, Buzz Rack Runner 3 bike platform, Eclipse Nav head unit, GME TX3800BW UHF, 16x8 CSA Raptor rims, 265/75R16 Maxxis MT-762, orToyo AT/2 265/70R16 Triton rims, BFGoodrich 235/85/R16 Triton rims, or Factory tyres and rims.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2016
      • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
      you speak from personal experience ?

(had a mate that new a mate) first hand experience pls ...

I would love to see an after market tuner pay $10,000 for a motor rebuild or even $4,000 for an auto box rebuild.

As I posted on here before. The Jatco box in the NS is not capable of handling the extra power put out by NT hence MM going to the Aisin box. The NS motor could have been tuned very close in not equal to the NT by MM but they realised it could cause gear box problems. If you go playing with and increase KW and torque on the NS you could have problems.

You want to do an ECU remap, go for it. We wouldn't.

Comment

• bennyb29
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2015
        • Brisbane

Originally posted by Peterng View Post
        Short story long.it happened a few years ago.
        The teenage daughter dropped the iPhone, I told her time and bloody time again to get a case...did'nt listen...iphone falls on concrete..cracked screen and dies. The iphone is 3 months out of 12 month warranty..
        Your problem kid...suck it up..learn from your mistake, buy a new phone and get a bloody protective phone case.
        What she does...goes to Appleshop, tells them an embellished 1/2 truth story...they give her a refurbish iPhone same model...at no cost!
        WTF...
        At least Apple could have charged her some $$$ for the exercise...
        One good thing but...she did go and get a protective case...
        Still treats her mobile like shite...
        I used to work briefly in Apple Care, so i can imagine what the story went like.

She would have told the person she interacted with, that the phone got unusually hot when charging/using etc, and the heat caused her to drop the phone unintentionally from her hands, thereby cracking the screen.

This story when liberally sprinkled with threats of invoking ACCC, and lawsuits, along with a protagonist with great oratory and convincing skills makes for a rather compelling story, and also a difficult position to be in for the company. Hence, the escalation channel is followed, and the company decides to provide an act of goodwill. Interestingly, the swapped over device is a refurbished device, but the flawless exterior makes the customer think they managed a bargain and thereby satisfied.

I have seen customers (mostly the feminine variety) do this, and its all too familiar. As a junior in the chain of customer support, i followed protocol and escalated such requests.
        Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• RUGGA
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2014
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by bennyb29 View Post
          I used to work briefly in Apple Care, so i can imagine what the story went like.

She would have told the person she interacted with, that the phone got unusually hot when charging/using etc, and the heat caused her to drop the phone unintentionally from her hands, thereby cracking the screen.

This story when liberally sprinkled with threats of invoking ACCC, and lawsuits, along with a protagonist with great oratory and convincing skills makes for a rather compelling story, and also a difficult position to be in for the company. Hence, the escalation channel is followed, and the company decides to provide an act of goodwill. Interestingly, the swapped over device is a refurbished device, but the flawless exterior makes the customer think they managed a bargain and thereby satisfied.

I have seen customers (mostly the feminine variety) do this, and its all too familiar. As a junior in the chain of customer support, i followed protocol and escalated such requests.
          Got any more hot tips
          02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X