• Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Trip so Simpson Desert Classic

Came across this photo with a great memory

We had left Windorah on our way to Birdsville and followed our GPS (went past the development road to Birdsville) as wife said let's just see where this GPS takes us (Garmin latest maps at the time)

Well me ... we get to this sign

and we had approx. half a tank of fuel left and hadn't seen a single car for over 1hr ... decisions decisions ... the wife starts 'n at me where's the extra jerry can (we had enough supplies for 5 days anyways and 2 way) ...

Let's just go for it I said ... well not much was said for over the next 3hrs

We rocked up to birdsville with approx. 1/4 of a tank left ... I just coasted her along in 4H in 5th 80km/hr no worries

Last edited by littleriver; 09-02-17, 11:40 PM.
    2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Matched content

Collapse
Working...
X