X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boo Boo
    • Aug 2012
    • Kilsyth

I found a spot behind the passenger rear wheel above the muffler that had a hole with a grommet in it for the trailer wiring.
    It comes up behind the plastics so turned out perfect.
    2008 NS DID, Smart bar and warn winch, Boos Bash plates, ex nsw police car, Safair snorkel and 2 inch OME lift.

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Heading down to Airlie Beach next week and will have a hoist to make the install easier. Thanks for taking the time to supply the pictures.
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Magani
        • Oct 2017
        • Park Ridge Qld

To Dhula many thanks for your pics and instructions on fitting air bags, I found the task daunting but got it done your help made the difference, Cheers Ray

Comment

• bb2wa
          • Apr 2018
          • Perth

Originally posted by dhula View Post
          Here are the pics from how I've run my hoses for the airbagman (Blue firestone) install I did a few weeks back.

Looking at the pics from L to R (If you hover over the pics, they are numbered)

The following is for the passenger side rear.

1. Looking up at the underside of lower arm you can see the underside of the bag where the hose goes into the bag through the hole in the lower arm. If you follow the instructions in the box and watch the airbagman video you should have the hose hanging out of the bottom of the arm. The next step is to poke the hose in through the arm towards the shock.
          2. Looking at the shock facing towards the front of the car. The hose should come out of the arm at the shock end. This can be a little fiddly but can be done without having to take the wheel off (taking the wheel off might make it easier). I chose to run the hose behind the shock to give it some protection from road debris.
          3. Looking up and towards the rear of the car you can see where the brake hose is mounted to it's bracket. I personally do not like zip tying anything to brake hoses so chose to zip tie the airbag hose to the bracket. The airbag hose then goes up and over the top of the upper spring perch
          4. Looking up at the exhaust. The airbag hose then goes rearwards towards the 3rd seat well. There is a heat shield which the airbag hose sit behind to give it some protection from the exhaust
          5. Looking up middle of the 3rd seat well. The airbag hose then goes behind the strengthening bracket for the 3rd seat well
          My thanks to Dhula for photos and explanation. Just installed airbagman airbags with sleeves into my 2009 NT. Went well. If suspension fully stretched bags not too hard to install through the standard OEM springs. At the run-in pressure of 20psi the rear end is back at factory height. I have KYB Skorched 4S shocks coming.
          Cheers
          2009 NT DID Platinum, CR5002HP air bags, KYB Skorched 4s shocks, std front springs, rear Kings std . Alpine iLX-702D, Occam roof rack 2.2m on backbone.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X