• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bungalow
    • Jul 2011
    • Adelaide

Frontrunner Rock Sliders for Gen 4 Pajero

Has anyone got any experience with these? I can't find any reference to them by searching the forum.

The blurb states:

Bolts to existing mounting points on the vehicle chassis, with no modification required.
    Prevents damage to vehicle side sills and chassis when crossing over large obstacles.
    Helps prevent "gravel rash" to the vehicle's paint work.
    Features 2 Hi-Lift jacking points per side.
    Runs the full length of the vehicle body between the front and rear wheels.
    Manufactured from heavy gauge tubular and plate steel.
    Powder coated for protection from the elements.
    Installation hardware and fitting instructions included.

No idea if they are side airbag compatible from what I can see on the Frontrunner site but the price seems good at $563. A SWB version is also available. I don't mind that they don't incorporate a side step as I rarely ever find myself using the step anyway having mostly dispensed with roof racks now that we have the camper trailer. Not sure what the wife and my two young boys will think about that though...

Also not sure about the plastic endcaps on the tubes but surely blanking plates could be welded on?
    Attached Files
    2011 NT RX - Pirelli ATR 265/60R18; CSA 18" Stealth rims; MCC bullbar; MMA towbar; Redarc brake controller; Bilstein suspension - standard height; Rear helper airbags; Bushskinz intercooler and sump guards; Bushskinz side steps; Roley's rear bumper guard; Milford cargo barrier; Dual battery system with Redarc BCDC1220 charger and custom distribution box in rear with Xantrex battery monitor; Full MSA seat cover set; MSA seat back organisers; HID headlight upgrade; Cameron Canvas offroad camper
  • stumagoo
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • Perth WA S.O.R

As mentioned looks like they use exsisting mounts on the sill. not sure if they are strong enough to support the vehicle IIRC they are only a pair of M10 threads on the front 2 M10 and 1 M8 in the middle and 3 M10 1 M8 on the rear - and this all into nuts that are spotwelded to panel steel.

I dont know how one would go about getting stronger mounts but I would not trust the stock mounts with a true rock slider setup. Just my 2c's however.

This is in no way a comment on the quality of the bars themselves
    1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
    *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
    1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• geopaj
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Adelaide

Given they're in Johannesburg, I would imagine freight will be a killer- probably cheaper to buy Bushskinz on their next group buy Forum deal
      Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• bungalow
        • Jul 2011
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
        Given they're in Johannesburg, I would imagine freight will be a killer- probably cheaper to buy Bushskinz on their next group buy Forum deal
        Yes, the manufacturer is based overseas, but the link above was supposedly for their products distributed and sold in Australia. From what I can tell, Frontrunner products were previously distributed here by Dolium, Dolium's website however stating such is no longer the case and they are presently advertising a clearance of their remaining Frontrunner stock.

Opposite Lock advertise some Frontrunner gear, but seemingly not the sliders above.
        2011 NT RX - Pirelli ATR 265/60R18; CSA 18" Stealth rims; MCC bullbar; MMA towbar; Redarc brake controller; Bilstein suspension - standard height; Rear helper airbags; Bushskinz intercooler and sump guards; Bushskinz side steps; Roley's rear bumper guard; Milford cargo barrier; Dual battery system with Redarc BCDC1220 charger and custom distribution box in rear with Xantrex battery monitor; Full MSA seat cover set; MSA seat back organisers; HID headlight upgrade; Cameron Canvas offroad camper

Comment

• dhula
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • South of Perth

I'm with stmpagoo on these sliders. Not really sure if the mounting points on the Paj will be up to it. They mount the standard steps afterall and we all know how strong they are.
          I spose something is better than nothing tho
          2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
          2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• TC.Barky
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2011
            • Melbourne

Originally posted by dhula View Post
            I'm with stmpagoo on these sliders. Not really sure if the mounting points on the Paj will be up to it. They mount the standard steps afterall and we all know how strong they are.
            I spose something is better than nothing tho
            +2 wouldn't trust the original mounts for rocksliders. Protection steps perhaps, but as they're advertising them as sliders no.
            MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
            Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Gareth
              • Nov 2012
              • Adelaide (North)

I wouldn't be using a hi lift jack on them bolted to the OEM mount points. Ive bent my passenger side mounts with the bush skins ones in some nasty creek beds.

Gareth
              Silver 2008 NS VRX 3.2 DiD
              Ironman / Lovell 50mm lift, 275/65R18 Maxxis Big Horn's, Custom Rear bar protection, Bush Skinz intercooler guard, 4mm oil pan guard (self made), Bush Skinz Trans and Transfer guards, Bush Skinz Rock sliders, ARB Deluxe colour coded bull bar, ORU 12,000LB winch, Light force 240 Spot Lights, Custom dual battery carrier / Red Arc Isolator, UHF, Custom Tuned Uni-Chip.

Comment

• stumagoo
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2014
                • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
                +2 wouldn't trust the original mounts for rocksliders. Protection steps perhaps, but as they're advertising them as sliders no.
                This is a more accurate way of putting my comments, for a rockslider style replacement for the sidesteps that looks great and provides a little more protection maybe. But a true rockslider should be able to take the force of a moving vehicle coming down on it and be up to the task of protecting the sills and holding the vehicle on them. This unfortunately is the downside of the Gen 3 and newer not having a chassis, while they are very capable vehicles they dont have the structure to mount this sort of protection easily.
                1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
                1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• GOSSAMER
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2008
                  • doncaster east vic

I thought all sliders were mounted where the original steps were mounted?? On my last Paj I made my own and used the original step mounting point and i could jack it up with a high lift
                  Back from the Dark side
                  NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• Axis
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2011
                    • Highett Vic

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
                    I wouldn't be using a hi lift jack on them bolted to the OEM mount points. Ive bent my passenger side mounts with the bush skins ones in some nasty creek beds.

Gareth
                    I was going to ask about the bushskins - same issue I suppose. Only choice is the factory mounting points and even if they are advertised as rocksliders there should be no issue with using them for protection.

Obviously the mounting point is the weak spot.

We have no side steps on the GLX and I really don't want any but am interested in the more discrete slider style protection for the sills.

Cheers,
                    James
                    07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• Axis
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2011
                      • Highett Vic

Originally posted by GOSSAMER View Post
                      I thought all sliders were mounted where the original steps were mounted?? On my last Paj I made my own and used the original step mounting point and i could jack it up with a high lift
                      What model Paj was it? Was there any difference in mounting points to the gen4?
                      07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• gringo
                        • Jun 2009
                        • Harrington Park (Sydney)

Unfortunately we can only use the factory mounts.on my np I had rock sliders and I used high lift jack on it whit no problems it depends how good the sliders are made I'm going too do the same on my NX

Comment

• GOSSAMER
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2008
                          • doncaster east vic

Originally posted by Axis View Post
                          What model Paj was it? Was there any difference in mounting points to the gen4?
                          Gen 4 NS
                          Back from the Dark side
                          NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• GOSSAMER
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2008
                            • doncaster east vic

i had a bit of a dig in photo bucket, the angle was 50x50x5mm from memory

Back from the Dark side

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X