• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moci
    • Sep 2014
    • Balkan, Europe

Where is this Ground wire going?

Hello everyone, I got head and head gasket done about 1 week ago and I saw that I had one Ground wire nowhere to go.
    Car is working fine, I have been driving about 800km since that with no problem.

Now I got one battery dead and when I was changing it I saw Ground wire that I don't know where to put it.
    (this wire can't go on negative pole of a battery because can't reach it, it's too short. Maybe it goes somewhere on engine)

Can anyone check their car where is this wire going and send me picture here?

Thank you.
    Attached Files
    NP Pajero 3.2DiD auto GLS Exceed 2004 LWB Gold metallic color, 275/50 R20 MAK wheels ET20 polished, 2" Lift kit, EGR blanked off, Chip, Leather electric seats, Xenon lights, LED/Angel eyes projector headlights, Led daytime lights in bumper, Led roof lights, Led tail lights, Full led interior, Led dash, Color factory display, Chrome bullbar, Dual battery, Rear spoiler with lip, Tinted windows, Kenwood sound system, TeamHeko wind deflectors, 2din DVD player with reverse camera and GPS navigation
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

That wire is obviously an aftermarket addition. It probably goes onto the engine - maybe the rocker cover bolts? If it was an original Mitsubishi wire it would be black and have different terminals. I cannot think of any reason to have this wire - it is not going to take the earth currents when the starter motor is operating for sure.

Comment

• disco stu
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2018
      • Wollongong

I thought onto the engine as well. My nl has similar wire going onto the intake manifold but I can't remember where the other end goes. It's certainly not going to hurt anything bolting it into the engine

Comment

• pharb
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Tyers,Vic

They are factory crimped fittings.

On my NX it bolts to the rear of the verticle section of the heavy cast steel bracket the EGR cooler is fitted to.
        PCOV Member 1107.
        Daily driver NX GLX
        Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
        Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
        Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• David45
          • Feb 2019
          • Brisbane

On my NW it's attached to a rear rocker cover bolt

Comment

• RUGGA
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2014
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Moci View Post
            (this wire can't go on negative pole of a battery because can't reach it, it's too short. Maybe it goes somewhere on engine)

Can anyone check their car where is this wire going and send me picture here?

Thank you.
            It is the Audio earth cable, it attaches to the rear of the head. See your rear engine lifting hangar/cradle, the 2 bolts that holds it on to the side of the head; now look just a little lower than that BUT at the Rear of the head - you should see a little bolt, closest to to you. That is where it goes.
            02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• aussieintas
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2013
              • Sorell, Tasmania

Here's the best pic I can find re the location Rugga talks about.
              Attached Files
              2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
              88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
              92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
              92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
              99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
              95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
              08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Moci
                • Sep 2014
                • Balkan, Europe

Ok, so I can just bolt it to anywhere on engine block / head?

Everything is working fine for now, but I will bolt it anywhere on engine because factory did that

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
                It is the Audio earth cable, it attaches to the rear of the head. See your rear engine lifting hangar/cradle, the 2 bolts that holds it on to the side of the head; now look just a little lower than that BUT at the Rear of the head - you should see a little bolt, closest to to you. That is where it goes.
                Thank you, I saw that bolt and for sure it's there. But it's so difficult to unbolt it
                NP Pajero 3.2DiD auto GLS Exceed 2004 LWB Gold metallic color, 275/50 R20 MAK wheels ET20 polished, 2" Lift kit, EGR blanked off, Chip, Leather electric seats, Xenon lights, LED/Angel eyes projector headlights, Led daytime lights in bumper, Led roof lights, Led tail lights, Full led interior, Led dash, Color factory display, Chrome bullbar, Dual battery, Rear spoiler with lip, Tinted windows, Kenwood sound system, TeamHeko wind deflectors, 2din DVD player with reverse camera and GPS navigation

Comment

• aussieintas
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2013
                  • Sorell, Tasmania

Yeah anywhere to the head will do.
                  2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                  88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                  92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                  92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                  99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                  95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                  08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• k100dennis
                    • Dec 2015
                    • Railton, Tasmania

Interseting side comment on that earth wire - a few months ago I made a heavy earth cable to replace that one. Put it on and immediately got heaps of engine noise through the firewall, presumably the detonation noise being picked up through the head and conducted through the cable then amplified through the steel firewall. The cable was changed back to original and the noise was gone.
                    2004 NP Diesel, auto, GLS, white with silver trim. Kumho KL78 tyres, EGR system removed, upper rear lights connected, Rhino Rack Vortex RST, Engel MT60, Full River 120 AH AGM Deep Cycle, Enerdrive VSR, Kimberly Kamper Kakadu, HEMA HX-1, Airbag Man airbags, 2 stroke oil at 200:1.

Comment

• Lance
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2009
                      • Melbourne

This is where that cable is connected on my NP.
                      Attached Files
                      2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
                      2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X