• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tilly
    • Apr 2012
    • Bundaberg

Tie Down boot Lugs

Want to remove those plastic tie down lugs(4) and replace with good steel ones. I see the bolts under the car, so they come out from the top, so lifted the carpet but cannot remove the plastic plate that goes around the tie down so I can get to the bolt top.
    Has any1 removed these and replaced them if so how.
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Easy done Tilly,

1. Lift up plastic tie down ring.
    2. Use small screwdriver or even better a paint tin lid opener and lever the centre plastic cover up (it hinges in the same direction as the tie down ring).
    3. This exposes the 6mm bolt that holds the plastic tie down assembly on to the floor bracket. Remove the bolt then remove then the carpet & sound panels and this gives you access to the 2x 6mm bolts that attach the bracket to the floor.

If you just want to improve the strength of the tie downs then you can simply remove the plastic tie down ring, as above, cut the plastic hinged access cover off, fit a 6mm HT Steel tie down eye bolt (check thread depth so it does not bottom out on floor) into the plastic surround. Nice and neat, easy, quick & cheap!

cheers, old Jack.
    Last edited by old Jack; 29-10-13, 01:11 PM. Reason: photo
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• johndavis125262
      • Apr 2013
      • brisbane

helped me out to thanks jack regards john

Comment

• Jayctee
        • Mar 2015
        • Brisbane

Thanks OJ, perfect. Have just found this post - I'll revise and strengthen the floor tie downs.
        SOLD: MY14 PC LS Auto Challenger, Airtec snorkel, GME TX3100 UHF, RV360 TPMS, Hema HN7, Provent 200 CC, Torque-Pro, Thunder Weekender battery box, Redarc BCDC 1225D charger.
        SOLD 1997 NK GLX 3.5 Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X