• Show
Clear All
  • Milner82
    • Jan 2016
    • Hamilton NZ

New member and 4wd beginner

Hi Group

I'm Steve from Hamilton, NZ.

I recently got a 1989 Pajero LWB 2.5td 4wd with intercooler and coil springs, and it is a manual. It's all original and I am hoping to do some mods to improve vehicle life span and increase off road performance. The previous owner was a lady for 20 years. I had it serviced and everything looks good so far. I am hoping to do most of the work my self through browsing forums and with a Haynes manual. I am a totally new to all this so its going to be a laugh.

For a start I am thinking of doing the following mods:
    - Upgrade cooling system, possible a 3 core radiator
    - Suspension lift, possibly with Amada Xtreme Adventure 50mm
    - Front and rear diff lock, possibly a mechanical locker. Not sure if it has an LSD on rear, need to check.
    - Snorkel
    - Bull bar and winch, it currently has a s/s standard bull bar
    - Side bars
    - 33" Mud tyres

Cheers
  • GHendo
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Northern NSW

Hi Milner

Welcome to the forum mate. You’ve picked the right place to learn about a vehicle like yours. In some ways I think the older models are better, particularly for remote travel, as they don’t have all the electronic crap the new ones do.

I had a laugh when I read “The previous owner was a lady for 20 years” – does that mean she wasn’t a lady after 20 years ?!?

All the best mate and good luck with the build.

Cheers

Geoff
    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Milner82
      • Jan 2016
      • Hamilton NZ

Originally posted by GHendo View Post
      Hi Milner

Welcome to the forum mate. You’ve picked the right place to learn about a vehicle like yours. In some ways I think the older models are better, particularly for remote travel, as they don’t have all the electronic crap the new ones do.

I had a laugh when I read “The previous owner was a lady for 20 years” – does that mean she wasn’t a lady after 20 years ?!?

All the best mate and good luck with the build.

Cheers

Geoff
      Hi Mate

It is NZ so you never know

Comment

• jacob.naturberg
        • Sep 2018
        • Renmark, Riverland, SA

Hej Milner, how's it going with your Paj?

Did you ever have a problem with your transmission / case leaking or similar?

Cheers,
        Jacob

___
        Pajero 1990 NG Superwagon 2.5 litre turbo diesel
        FRANKY –– Pajero NG WSG 1990 4D56T 2.5l Turbodiesel intercooler V5MT1 Gearbox
        https://naturberg.co –– @jacob.naturberg

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X