• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by MTN-KAT View Post
    It's a two way street/track. Gennies have their place to be sure but the considerate user will turn them off by 11.00pm. Some camps even have a rule to that effect. There is a simple solution. Since my first experience with the inconsiderate all niter, I always carry ear plugs. This puts the offending gennie noise way off in the distance and makes it easier to get to sleep.

I consider 11.00pm too late for a noisy gennie. 8.00pm should be shut down time. If you cant shut down your gennie by 8.00pm time to camp by yourself , miles from others..
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Ian H
      Valued Member
      • May 2015
      • Melbourne

Agree there, 11pm is way too late. 9pm-10pm max.
      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Bru9
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2014
        • Victoria

On the topic of generators, who here and in general use lpg? its tempting to go lpg but the good ones look too big and go through the gas way too much. (a whole 9kg bottle in just 11hours for 2.2kw) More suited for standby emergency.

However for just topping up the battery in overcast they are appealing when you already have lpg bottles for other things.

But in a well setup camper trailer that can carry 3x9kg lpg along with your typical small bottles they look better than petrol.
        2000 NM Exceed Auto V6 3.5

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

The other thing which turned me off a generator (apart from the extra weight) was the need to carry petrol.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Sydney

Recently I camped in a National Park campground. I was joined by a few German backpackers rolling into camp at sundown (and rolling out again at dawn, I presume not contributing any camp fees due to their tight schedule to avoid the ranger).

They felt it was appropriate to blast out German metal for all to hear ie still going at midnight. Now for the previous week my 1yo consistently woke between 3am and 4am and let the world know he was unhappy about it. So the plan wrote itself. No alarm necessary because the boy’s 3am essay would drown it out anyway.

I passed out thinking of pushing the stroller about the mobile backpacker lodge before sunrise.... the boy slept through of course

So generator, music or general lout noise really all fall under the same umbrella; find a bush camp where you’re there alone otherwise STFU after dark.
            NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Bru9
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2014
              • Victoria

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
              The other thing which turned me off a generator (apart from the extra weight) was the need to carry petrol.
              Oh dear that is weak, I can carry up to 80L of petrol in jerries at any given time on Paj alone-usually at least 20L fully loaded.
              You mentioned moving on if someone had a genny, problem is in many places you will either bump into more noisy campers or end up going home. You need a serious solar setup or need to move panels every hour to keep batteries topped up so gennys probably are popular given how much energy you get out of just 4L of petrol, add in lithium batteries to make it more appealing.

There are a good handful of ways to annoy campers without generators. Legal motorbikes, loud exhuat systems on 4wds, kids screaming & running around, music being played for hours during the day even if it's "quiet".
              Id rather put up with a genny 30M away constantly through the night than the sound of kids & music during the day beacuse I actually wan't to enjoy the small time being awake.
              The whole "its turned down/inst loud" attitude is flawed, see for example a slow dripping tap in a room can be very annoying.
              2000 NM Exceed Auto V6 3.5

Comment

• Ian H
                Valued Member
                • May 2015
                • Melbourne

I didn't say I can't carry petrol, I said I don't want to carry petrol....I have a diesel car you might guess. There are areas in the land where it it totally unadvisable to carry petrol but i won't go down that path.

What generators and noisy kids have to do with it has lost me and the inference that they are mutually exclusive is flawed.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X