• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hilli
    • Aug 2007
    • ORANGE

Usb Port

Hi all,

Does anyone know if you fit a USB outlet into the system?? for playing MP3's
    Just easier than burning disc's.

Thanks Hilli
    HILLI

2007 DID VRX AUTO F/P /ARB BAR / KING SPRINGS / X-VISION-HID SPOTI'S./18" MICKY T's
  • Fudggie
    • Jul 2007
    • Melbourne VIC

There is an AUX input cable that you can purchase from Mitsubishi. It plugs directly into the back of the head unit, other end has a standard 3.5mm plug.

It was about $70 from memory.
    NS 3.2L Diesel Black Shortie
    Nudge Bar, Roof Rack, Piranha Duel Battery System, Uniden UH015sx UHF, Hella Rallye 4000 Lights, LRA Aux Tank, ARB High Output Compressor, BFG Mudies (Occasionally)

Comment

• matthewfnorbert
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Fudggie View Post
      There is an AUX input cable that you can purchase from Mitsubishi. It plugs directly into the back of the head unit, other end has a standard 3.5mm plug.

It was about $70 from memory.
      yep i have one, runs an ipod just fine.. the jack type i have does not have a power source.. was $150 fitted
      SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

• pajoz
        • Dec 2007

hi..newbie from UAE, just want to check if this fit the normal 6disc receiver (gen4) pajero. Seen in japanese catalogue the part no. is MZ608471

Appreciate if you can help me guys to purcahase it.
        Dealer Name, contacts, location...preferably near sydney near to my cousins place.

thanks in advance..

Comment

• Mike DiD
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007

If a sound system doesn't have a USB socket built in then your only option is to get an MP3 player

Either -
          a) get a cable to connect the Headphone output to an Auxiliary input (in the Exceed these are above the left rear wheel).

b) Get and FM sender /transmitter and pick it up on the radio. You may have to put teh sender close to the aerial on the left rear window.
          Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

• pajoz
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Mike DiD View Post
            If a sound system doesn't have a USB socket built in then your only option is to get an MP3 player

Either -
            a) get a cable to connect the Headphone output to an Auxiliary input (in the Exceed these are above the left rear wheel).

b) Get and FM sender /transmitter and pick it up on the radio. You may have to put teh sender close to the aerial on the left rear window.
            thanks mike, but how would i know if my HU doesnt have a USB socket built in.Its the same like the RF HU (but without RF logo...and of course diff. sound quality)

i already installed belkin FM transmitter, but will try to put near the glass antenna.
            Last edited by pajoz; 30-12-07, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• Hookedon4wding
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Mornington Peninsula, VIC

Originally posted by matthewfnorbert View Post
              yep i have one, runs an ipod just fine.. the jack type i have does not have a power source.. was $150 fitted
              Wow, that sounds cheap. We had a quote from our local dealer of $250 fitted and didn't go ahead. Which dealer fitted yours? Will show our dealer your post and see if we can get it cheaper.
              2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

• phoenie77
                • Jan 2008
                • Craigie, WA

I had the Mitsi Genuine Cable fitted to my NS for about $110 i think. However, i was told it was a Ipod Connectivity Cable which made me think that it would integrate and control my Ipod but all it actually is is a 3.5mm Stereo Jack which you can fit in the Earphones plug. However to run this on the Head Unit you need to push and hold the CD button to get it to AUX mode. The only problem with this is that it goes back to the radio when you turn the car off so you need to push and hold everytime you get in the car and want to use the ipod. Also doesn't charge the unit obviously and Ipod keeps playing even after you have turned the car off. So i will be looking for a better option but no luck so far. Also i reckon you could go to Disk Smith or Jaycar and buy the same cable for $20 and you would just need to plug it in.
                Phoenie
                2009 NT Exceed Auto DID, Dual Batts, UHF, eXplorist XL GPS, ARB Steel Bar + ARB Fogs, HID X-Ray Vision 200's, Geolander AT-S's, Black Widow Rear Awning, Brake Controller, Evakool ED50, Aussie Swag camper

Comment

• jmi
                  • Oct 2007
                  • Whyalla, SA

Does only the exceed have this?
                  Also does anyone know what type of plug the radio end needs to be?
                  If it is just a 35mm plug each end, you can get them pretty easy as phoenie said from Dick Smith or similar.

Josh
                  * NS GLX 3.2L White Manual Poojero
                  * Uniden UH015sx UHF, Smartbar, Spot Lights
                  * Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
                  * Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
                  * Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
                  * Pajero now sold!

Comment

• phoenie77
                    • Jan 2008
                    • Craigie, WA

Mine is a GLX, but i haven't looked in behind the unit to see what the other ends of the cable are but i would assume them to be RCA plugs probably.
                    Phoenie
                    2009 NT Exceed Auto DID, Dual Batts, UHF, eXplorist XL GPS, ARB Steel Bar + ARB Fogs, HID X-Ray Vision 200's, Geolander AT-S's, Black Widow Rear Awning, Brake Controller, Evakool ED50, Aussie Swag camper

Comment

• jmi
                      • Oct 2007
                      • Whyalla, SA

Ok, i might try on the weekend and see if i can see what they are, i would like to try my uhf through it, not sure if it will be just better to get a little external speaker. See how it goes.
                      If i find anything i will post it up.
                      * NS GLX 3.2L White Manual Poojero
                      * Uniden UH015sx UHF, Smartbar, Spot Lights
                      * Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
                      * Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
                      * Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
                      * Pajero now sold!

Comment

• hossein1351
                        • Feb 2008

rockford amplifier

Dear friends
                        does anybody know where is the rockford amplifier ??
                        may be we can connect mp3 player input from amplifier !
                        is it possible
                        thanks

Comment

• creamandchives
                          • Feb 2008
                          • Melbourne, Australia

Belkin Dock Adaptor

Although the AUX in on the Pajero cable is just 3.5mm, you can get a little belkin iPod dongle which has an ipod dock connector on one end and a Cigarette lighter plug including a 3.5mm line out (from the dock connector) socket.

This means if you use this in conjuction with the Pajero's cable, you get line in (rather than headphone out, which is much weaker) plus the belkin cable charges your ipod. The other advantage is that when power is lost (car off), the ipod will automatically pause (then power off).

Keep an eye for such an adaptor at any ipod accessory store.
                          -------------------------------------------------
                          08 NS SWB R DiD

Comment

• Kemsley
                            • Apr 2008
                            • Brisbane

Hi,

Does anyone have a picture or better yet the wiring for this cable? If so then a cable from Jcar may be possible or I will just make one up.

Thanks in advance.
                            I used to have a NS X DiD Shorty
                            Now I drive a VW Amarok

Comment

• 8seconds
                              • Apr 2008
                              • Katanning, WA

If you have an iPod. I highly recommend the Belkin Tunebase FM transmitters with clearscan. I have the older model for my 60GB iPod and it's fantastic. It is a craddle that plugs into the cig lighter transmitting to fm (never needed it near window) and charging ipod at same time. Clearscan bit searches for clearest station to play on.

The craddle doesn't seem to get in the way of AT selector and the sound/volume quality is good. I do copy all my music to iPod at lossless quality though. Definately cost you less than $200 rods and no silly cable dangling from back of stereo.

For other mp3 players, just go with a Belkin FM Transmitter. Of all the different types I've had in my shop, the Belking is by far and away the best quality. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X