• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marz
    • Jun 2013
    • Outback Lilydale VIC

Accumulator recall list updated 4/6/2019

Came across this:

Looks like there are 13,623 affected vehicles that still need the accumulator replaced.
    Check the attached spreadsheet in the link above to find out if your Paj needs the accumulator replaced.
  • Roofchop
    • Jul 2018
    • Carool, Australia

Scary number that still need doing.

Also scary that Mitsubishi don't contact owners via the RTA Vic roads etc as it is a safety item... All the VIN numbers are documented for each registered car.

I went to Mitsubishi with my ViN and the nice lady said mine had been done, but would not give me a print out or even a screen shot!

Nothing written in the service log to say it was done....

2007 NS 3.8 V6 GLX Auto

Comment

• Lance
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2009
      • Melbourne

When a recall is actioned by a dealer it used to be that a sticker was placed on the RH 'A' pillar showing the recall number and date performed.
      Is that still being done ?

I have 2 on my VW Crafter from 2014.
      2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
      2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• GHendo
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2012
        • Northern NSW

Well that’s interesting.

Just rang the local dealer and they reckon there are no outstanding recalls on my NP even though it is listed on the VIN list – and they’ve never done anything to the accumulator. They say there is nothing on the ‘Mitsubishi Portal’ and I should call Mitsubishi Customer Care as they know nothing about this recall.

Cheers
        Geoff
        03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Pickle
          Administrator
          • Jun 2007
          • All over Oz

An article I wrote in 2012 about used NM. Got the recall no 2001/4852
          THE PROBLEM:
          For all vehicles with build dates in 2000 or 2001, a recall was issued to repair faulty power assist braking.
          THE CAUSE:
          The Accumulator Diaphragm inside the brake booster was incorrectly assembled at the factory, and caused the unit to leak and intermittently lose power braking. While the brakes would not completely fail, The pedal can become stiff and hard to push when the vacuum assistance system fails.

THE FIX:
          While the majority of vehicles have had the recall carried out, check for a sticker in the driver’s door jamb or near the brake booster in the engine bay bearing the recall number 2001/4852. If the sticker is not present, check the vehicle’s VIN number with Mitsubishi Australia.

Dave
          Attached Files
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Marz
            • Jun 2013
            • Outback Lilydale VIC

Yep, had the same thoughts as the rest of you guys...

Personally, if my VIN was on the list and Mitsubishi is saying otherwise, I'd be pointing Mitsubishi to the website and asking for proof that the accumulator has been replaced. Regardless of what Mitsubishi says, it's an ACCC recall that's been updated!!! I'm going to wander down to Lilydale Mitsubishi and ask the question, and ask for a hard copy of the repair, pretty sure we (as consumers) have the right to know if a recall has been affected on our vehicles.

@Lance, yep, I had stickers on my pillar, now they're just remnants of stickers.... Looks like the mech that stuck them on didn't clean the area and most of the sticker is gone.... Either that or the sticker was paper based (my guess) and it just deteriorated over time (almost 20 years for my NM now... Club rego here we come woohoo...).

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X