• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adzy84
    • May 2019
    • Adelaide

Nh poojero tyres

Hi all I'm fairly new here and to 4x4, I currently own a nh 2.5td manual paj that is running 31" maxxis bighorns that are running out of tread fairly soon.
    I'm looking at going to 33 or 35 inch tyres to drop the revs on the highway as I'm moving out to a country town and will be doing highway speeds for around an hour at a time. With the 31s ole Betsy is sitting on about 3200rpm, how much will rpm drop with the 33s and 35s? I know I'll lose torque down low but I won't be doing too much city driving anymore.
    Also any recommendations as to tyre choice? I'm leaning towards toyo open country at2s but any other AT tyres I'm open to looking at.
    Cheers for any input.
    91 nh poojero lwb gls 4d56t. 31" maxxis bighorns, black sunnies, standard suspension, poo brown interior, ugly ass Bull bar, uhf, aftermarket fooly sikk stereo, 9" kings spotties and 30" slim light bar on roof rack
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

What is the tyre size you are currently running, is it a true 31" (787.4mm) or a standard 30.5" diameter (774.7mm)?

What rim widths are you running?

What type of tyre are you after, HT, HT/AT hybrid, AT, AT/MT hybrid or MT?

Passenger construction, floatation or light truck construction?

What is you upper spend limit per tyre?

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Adzy84
      • May 2019
      • Adelaide

Hey mate I'm currently running 31x10.5r15 on a 15x8 rim. According to the maxxis website they're a 30.6" or 777.2mm diameter.
      I'm leaning towards an AT or ht/at hybrid. Also would like to keep it under $250 a corner if possible.
      91 nh poojero lwb gls 4d56t. 31" maxxis bighorns, black sunnies, standard suspension, poo brown interior, ugly ass Bull bar, uhf, aftermarket fooly sikk stereo, 9" kings spotties and 30" slim light bar on roof rack

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Adzy84 View Post
        Hey mate I'm currently running 31x10.5r15 on a 15x8 rim. According to the maxxis website they're a 30.6" or 777.2mm diameter.
        I'm leaning towards an AT or ht/at hybrid. Also would like to keep it under $250 a corner if possible.
        15" rubber is getting harder to find, the 31x10.5R15 is the most common size, with the next sizes up of 33x11.5R15 and then 35x12.5R15. If you search online stores fore the size then this is a great way of finding out what is available.
        Looking for new tyres, look at our vast range of tyres to suit all makes, models. We have all the big brand and giving you big savings.

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• Drewan
          • Apr 2017
          • Adelaide

You might find its only a couple of hundred more for a tyre and rim package to swap to 16s and get it over with
          Over capitalized NK.I'm running out of things to add to it it died , now a SWB NJ with all the good stuff from the NK on it .

Comment

• old Jack
            Regular
            • Jun 2011

Certainly going to 16" rims opens up a greater range of tyre's especially if you want to go taller and not wider tyre's.
            I run a true 32" on my Challenger, 235/85R16 and there is a huge selection of this size tyre from mild the wild tread patterns in 6ply, 8 ply and 10ply load ratings, and at a range of prices, but you do need a 6" to 7" rims to run 235's.
            I actually prefer a narrower but taller tyre off road and on road I cannot tell the different between a 265, 245 or a 235 width tyre's in the same tread pattern handling wise.

In the 31x10.5R15 the Hankook ATM RF10 is a good quality mild tread pattern AT, and for $170 to $200 a tyre they are reasonably priced.
            Falken AT3W and Kumho AT51 are also worth looking at.

OJ.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X