• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rioflex
    • Mar 2012
    • Maitland NSW

Long range tank

Hi guys,
    I know it has been covered, but I cannot find the link. Looking for ideas for long range tank. I have MY12 platinum DID w/ rear a/c. I think LRA were meant to be one of the better ones. But not sure.
    Cheers in advance for help.

Ross
    MY12 NW Platinum, DID, TJM Winch bar, 2" lift, Snorkel, Uniden 7760nb, Rhino Racks, Spare wheel lift, Redarc Electric Brakes, MM tow bar, Rhino 550 Roof pod,Alpine roof mounted DVD-Wireless headphones, Bridgestone D697's, Full set of Bushskinz underbody and rear bumper protection
  • Dion
    Valued Member
    • May 2010
    • Brisbane

Yep Long Range Automotive are considered the tank with the best designed installation method.
    2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• JoshF
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2008
      • Brisbane

I have the LRA 50lt on my NS Shorty, been installed since 2010

They have a larger size for the LWB depending on which LWB model you own
      NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
      Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• placido
        • Dec 2009
        • NSW South Coast

LRA Auxiliary 58L tank

I have a 58 L LRA tank fitted to my dec 12 biuld NW with rear air conn, Artarmon Automotive fitted it. Great job looks good too.

first fill took 61 L filling to the top. Gives the NW a very good range
        2012 NW EXCEED - 3.2 DiD, LRA 58L Tank, Redarc DC-DC, ECB Alloy Bar DP CHIP, Safe-T-Tyre sensors

Comment

• rioflex
          • Mar 2012
          • Maitland NSW

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I am also considering the bash plate for the rear bumper from bushskinz. Would i still need this if LRA is installed?? i have read that this may also take care of protecting the bumper from being ripped off eg. sand driving.

Also can i ask what you paid placido?

Thanks again

Ross
          MY12 NW Platinum, DID, TJM Winch bar, 2" lift, Snorkel, Uniden 7760nb, Rhino Racks, Spare wheel lift, Redarc Electric Brakes, MM tow bar, Rhino 550 Roof pod,Alpine roof mounted DVD-Wireless headphones, Bridgestone D697's, Full set of Bushskinz underbody and rear bumper protection

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2010
            • Cairns

Originally posted by rioflex View Post
            I am also considering the bash plate for the rear bumper from bushskinz. Would i still need this if LRA is installed?? i have read that this may also take care of protecting the bumper from being ripped off eg. sand driving.
            Yep, you will hit the tank on the ground long before the rear bumper has any opportunity to scoop up sand and get ripped off.
            My LRA tank got an absolute hammering when crossing the Simpson last year but came out the other side dent and damage free. No issues with the rear bumper either. I am 100% certain that without the tank under there, I would have lost the bumper for sure.
            Cheers, Dan.
            2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• rioflex
              • Mar 2012
              • Maitland NSW

Originally posted by Aussie_Dan View Post
              Yep, you will hit the tank on the ground long before the rear bumper has any opportunity to scoop up sand and get ripped off.
              My LRA tank got an absolute hammering when crossing the Simpson last year but came out the other side dent and damage free. No issues with the rear bumper either. I am 100% certain that without the tank under there, I would have lost the bumper for sure.
              Cheers, Dan.

Thanks Dan

Comment

• marquis
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • Newcastle

Highly recommend the LRA - have had two 81L now (different vehicles). Both have been hammered with rocks, sand dunes, etc - both dented but never leaked.
                --
                Marquis
                SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

• JoshF
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2008
                  • Brisbane

Don't know anything about hitting things as I have a Shorty with lift installed which was there before the lra tank
                  NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
                  Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• rioflex
                    • Mar 2012
                    • Maitland NSW

Originally posted by marquis View Post
                    Highly recommend the LRA - have had two 81L now (different vehicles). Both have been hammered with rocks, sand dunes, etc - both dented but never leaked.
                    Awesome, i am now trying to get a price from TJM. If they ever get back to me this could be a great investment.

Ross

Comment

• rioflex
                      • Mar 2012
                      • Maitland NSW

Originally posted by JoshF View Post
                      Don't know anything about hitting things as I have a Shorty with lift installed which was there before the lra tank
                      Sounds like a nice rig.
                      Love the shorties but family doesnt quite fit

Ross

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X