Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Bash PLates- anyone not getting the benefit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2010banditsa
    • Jan 2012
    • adelaide

Bash PLates- anyone not getting the benefit?

Hello. Contemplating a set of bash plates, but thought i would see if anyone realised they really didnt need them after all and wanted to make some of their money back by passing on to someone else who arguably doesnt need them either.
  • tomlola
    • May 2010
    • Brisbane

When you hear a bang under your car,
    - having a bash plate you say : "I hope it works, glad I have them". You're half relaxed.
    - NOT having a bash plate you say "Holy $#@%#@ my wallet is going to hurt". You are deeply stressed being anxious about any damages.

Once you put your bash plates you believe it will saves you more than the price of it hence why you will never remove the. It's like an insurance you pay only once then you cross your fingers hoping they will do the job if xxxx happens.

Buy bash plates if you have already hit your underbody enough that you were scared you broke something. For the highway you probably won't need them so save your money.

I have TJM ones and the default MMA at the front (badly hit). For a few more bucks than the TJM you have bushskinz that seems sturdier and that will replace the default MMA at the front.

Food for thoughts.
    NP MY05 DiD

Comment

• NFT5
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Canberra

This is what I did with my last set of factory bash plates.

Tonight I finished fitting these:

Now I can rest easy that those very exposed and very expensive front diff actuator bits are well protected.
      Chris

Comment

• JoshF
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Brisbane

You occasionally see some selling/trading vehicles who do remove their aftermarket bash plates and sell them separately...keep an eye on the marketplace I assume
        NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
        Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• marquis
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Newcastle

If your just driving around Town it's pointless buying bash plates unless its for w*nk factor.

My bush skins have saved my inter cooler and sump 4 times now, all remote tracks.

Waste of money - no! Worth every cent and are transferable between pajeros (NP and now the NT) so I kept them when upgrading.

There have been a few advertised here when people exit from the pajeros into something else.
          --
          Marquis
          SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

• Troy711
            Valued Member
            • May 2013
            • Canberra

The way I see it is that they're an insurance policy. Hopefully you never need them but they're there just in case you do.

Comment

• Lando
              Valued Member
              • May 2013
              • Lake Maquarie NSW

I just bought a full set of Bushskinz and i can safely say that with the vulnerable components i noticed under the car that i will now feel a lot more confident when i do have a solid hit, the rock sliders will help matters too

For the price you pay and the protection on offer, if it ever sees tracks than i feel its a no brainer...only issue i had with mine was they were silver...and on an all black or gold car they (intercooler and sump) needed a lick of primer and satin black killrust.....much better now

Cant recommend kieron from Bushskinz enough for his plates and his service
              MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• Catchin Jack
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2012
                • Central Coast NSW

My Bushskinz have paid for themselves 10 times over, best thing I bought on my truck, I drop onto them, i slide on them, I abuse them in many ways and have damage on them to prove it and they just keep on goin saving my underneath from big damage.
                If you're going to take your truck offroad, get it protected, bit like putting on a rubber when going somewhere new....have it covered.

Comment

• HSV Rangie
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2010
                  • Hastings

If you leave the pavement then they are a must, paj not renowned for ground clearance/ramp over.

Mine have saved every component under car.

Michael.
                  2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

• eman
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2009
                    • Cranebrook, NSW

Like everyone else, my bashplates have saved me on a number of occasions, I would hate to think of the damage and associated $$$ without them.

But in saying that, if you never venture off-road and only plan on sticking to at worst gravel roads I wouldn't bother.
                    2009 NT GLS DiD 5spd - ARB Deluxe bar, Tigerz11 12,000lbs Winch, Airtec Snorkel, ARB Front Locker, TJM Rear Locker, Hankook AT-M 265/70/17, Bilsteins, Lovells HD 50mm, Bushskinz Intercooler, Sump, Trans & Transfer Case Guards, Brown Davis long range tank, Pioneer Head Unit, ARB Dual Battery Tray, Redarc SBI12, GME TX3440, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Stebel alarm & car horns, Rhino Pioneer Platform rack, DIY (Rear Shelf, Sliders, Fridge Slide), Ultragauge, 3" Exhaust

Comment

• MoreliaMatt
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2013
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Catchin Jack View Post
                      bit like putting on a rubber when going somewhere new....have it covered.

Quote of the day!!!

| 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
                      | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
                      | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
                      | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

Comment

• Chill
                        • Jul 2011
                        • Brisbane

Originally posted by Catchin Jack View Post
                        bit like putting on a rubber when going somewhere new....have it covered.
                        Can I say it is to late
                        My13 VRX Pajero
                        MY17 Pajero Sports exceed

Comment

• Catchin Jack
                          Valued Member
                          • Feb 2012
                          • Central Coast NSW

Guys, if it's not on....it's not on. Always wear your bash plates when playing rough.

Comment

• AndrewF
                            • Jun 2011
                            • Burwood East

G'day,

Like others have responded, mine have saved potentially expensive repairs several times, I consider them to be mandatory if you go "off-road".

Not sure what the OEM Paj ones are like compared to the Challenger (which I drive) but when doing my basic 4WD training in sand, the thin stock ones on another vehicle appeared to be nicely crumpled/dented to suit the shape of what-ever they were "protecting" and that was in sand, not rocky stuff.

If you don't venture "off-road" then I doubt their value.

Cheers,
                            Andrew
                            2011 PB manual Challenger, Bushskinz, Dual batteries, 2" Ultimate lift, snorkel, ARB steel Bullbar, BFG 265/75/16 AT's, other bits n bobs.

Comment

• 2010banditsa
                              • Jan 2012
                              • adelaide

I agree theyre a worthy investment, im just trying to see if anyone has found they really dont need theirs and want to recoup a few $$$$$$.... its why everyone sells stuff.... that being said i did my last decent trip on some hellishly rocky roads and had no problems... lucky i guess and no im not a gambler, hence my request

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X