• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RUGGA
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2014
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by fatboyw View Post
    The long vertical bits form part of the tail night - you can see them when the headlights are on.

There is a photo on Mitsubishi website showing that too https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au...s/pajero-sport.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• dm808
      • Nov 2010
      • Glenbrook NSW

I also think the designer of the rear tail lights was having a really bad day and his tears marked the design plan, the ones on vehicles that have covers over them are optional extras available in manilla and could be purchased on line.
      I plan to replace my current Paj in next 12-18 months and I have read that there is a good chance that the new model will have tail lights similar to the Triton.
      If not I will certainly trying to improve the rear view of the PS.

Comment

• marlin1856
        • Apr 2013
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by dm808 View Post
        I also think the designer of the rear tail lights was having a really bad day and his tears marked the design plan, the ones on vehicles that have covers over them are optional extras available in manilla and could be purchased on line.
        I plan to replace my current Paj in next 12-18 months and I have read that there is a good chance that the new model will have tail lights similar to the Triton.
        If not I will certainly trying to improve the rear view of the PS.
        2016 Pajero Sport Exceed Titanium

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
          Valued Member
          • May 2017
          • Sydney

When I first saw the rear end of a Paj Sport I threw up in my mouth.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2016
            • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
            When I first saw the rear end of a Paj Sport I threw up in my mouth.

Bobbi and i both still do.

We now carry sick bags in the Pajero.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
              Valued Member
              • May 2017
              • Sydney

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
              We now carry sick bags in the Pajero.
              [emoji1787]

Comment

• greig
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2010
                • kanwal

Originally posted by Cory View Post
                I don’t understand why you would want to cover then up. You will end up with virtually no visible tail lights which will add to the chance of being rear ended at night, and secondly, if you are rear ended there’s a good chance the insurance companies will reward your decorative work with no cover. You should be used to the look by now..there’s 1000’s on the road now..and from the drivers seat you cant see them anyway
                I don't know for sure, but aren't the long bits only red plastic ( no light bulbs in them ).
                If they have bulbs in them, then you are correct, but if not, covering them will have no impact on insurance.

If someone wants them, go over to Thailand for a holiday and bring a few sets back...and sell off the sets you don't want..

Comment

• marlin1856
                  • Apr 2013
                  • Melbourne

I have looked and it seems you cannot get them posted to Aus? can anyone verify if they have been able to get a set?
                  2016 Pajero Sport Exceed Titanium

Comment

• Jas2909
                    • Feb 2016
                    • Penrith NSW

Don’t cover them. The twilights are what makes the PS. I love mine

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2016
                      • Greater Sydney

I've corrected it for you.

Don’t cover them. The twilights are what makes the PS dog ugly. I love mine

From OJs link it appears MM have made the front on the coming model as ugly as the back.

Comment

• DID Dash
                        • Aug 2016
                        • Australia

Couple of mates take the piss about the tail lights on my Pajero Sport. I usually respond that you can’t see them from the drivers seat. Definitely an acquired taste! Can’t help wonder how many more they could have sold with a bit more restraint at the back.
                        17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2016
                          • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by DID Dash View Post
                          Couple of mates take the piss about the tail lights on my Pajero Sport. I usually respond that you can’t see them from the drivers seat. Definitely an acquired taste! Can’t help wonder how many more they could have sold with a bit more restraint at the back.

Love your attitude Dash.

Comment

• Zandit75
                            • May 2019
                            • Penguin, TAS

We've got these covers coming for the rear, and the head lights also.

Gives it a slightly different look, and not something I would have thought my wife would go for, but straight away she said "When are you ordering them??!!"

In regards to the covers shown in the original post, take note that they cover the reflectors at the bottom, which is definitely illegal. Not sure about the legalities of the covering the taillights up to that extent. Food for thought.

Comment

• Jizza
                              • May 2016
                              • Adelaide

Well, must say I now have a few Pajero Sports in my local country town and have recently had the pleasure of driving behind them a couple of times.... day and night.... and I can honestly say all you who want to cover the tail lights up are cooked

The stock tail lights make the rear end look great

The covers mentioned make it look look ridiculous.

Having said that, for those that want to ruin the rear end there are some available with a cutout for the reflector

But will still look this ridiculous

Comment

• swilson150
                                • May 2020
                                • Glen Waverley

I have a black PS and simply covered the bottom reflectors with some carbon fibre looking contact/film. Had a roll of the stuff and thought it would improve the look, and it does significantly. Was thinking the same about covering the rest of the vertical "legs" but haven't checked out where all the lighting originates.

Two screws per reflector, and I think it pulled out sideways (towards the center. A quick wipe, add the film, carefully trim and fold around the edges and you are done in 20minutes.

I thought it funny the left reflector had a cable plugged into it but not a single pin or bulb to be found. Presumably for some reverse/snow light function for other countries.

Oh, I also did the top grill portion (the silvery grey portion). When I have some more contact and some new scalpel blades I may tackle that. Just a pain to do due to the shape and amount of contact/film wasted.

The carbon fibre improves the look, at least on a black PS.

Easy to remove if it upsets Mr Plod (although it's worth noting most 4WDs have much smaller rear lights and are considered ADR legal).
                                Last edited by swilson150; 17-11-21, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X