• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

Icarsoft HNMII

Well, I bought my Icarsoft HNMII and it was delivered from Auckland, even though it was ordered from a place in Qld.

It is a nice day today, so I went out and plugged it into my NW Pajero and my wife's ZJ Outlander. A bit of a fiddle to learn how to use it. Even more of a fiddle to find the diagnostic socket on the Outlander - I pulled all the trims of from under the driver's side and then did the same to the passenger's side. Still couldn't find it. Finally, laying upside down with my back being broken in half by the door sill, I found it hard against the driver's side kickboard, mounted in the underside of the dash, just round the curve where it goes horizontal over the driver's feet. Hard on the right side. Every other socket I have seen has been somewhere over the driver's left foot...

Anyway, I checked for codes. Got an identical code for each car about the SRS airbags - low voltage. This would have been recently when the flattery went batt (on both cars, but fortunately not at the same time). Interestingly, I tried to cancel the codes, but it didn't seem to want to do that. Maybe I have to restart the whole system again? Anyone had this problem?

The Pajero had a code for the transfer case. The code was for irregular sized tyres. This would have been because I had 2 Hankook AT's on the rear and the original Bridgestone HT tyres on the front. It used to throw a hissy fit after about 30 km towing my caravan in 4WD (no CD lock). The green lights would go out and then the centre CD light would flash at me. If I stopped and engaged 2WD, all went away. Since fitting 2 more Hankook AT's to the front, engagement of 4WD and low range has been a breeze. I can only assume that the flashing CD light was because of different sized tyres. I assumed that at the time but until I can get out with my caravan again, I cannot definitively prove this.

The annoying thing is that the local dealer told me that there were no codes they could read. They have a MUTT 3 but they couldn't read any codes?????

I have tried to register the unit on line, but I don't as yet have a card to insert in it for the updates. I will continue trying to register it. So far, so good...
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

I,ve had mine for a few weeks but havent had time to check it out.( cant believe I said that as I,m a retired old fart). anyways I,ll keep an eye on this thread. Cheers...
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
      I,ve had mine for a few weeks but havent had time to check it out.( cant believe I said that as I,m a retired old fart). anyways I,ll keep an eye on this thread. Cheers...
      You and me both are retired yet we don't have enough time to check these things out. I have my doubts about it being able to clear fault codes, because both cars had flat batteries earlier this year and the SRS section recorded a fault code which read something like low voltage on circuit A and circuit B. There are no SRS light flashing so I assume that they are working OK now (hope so). I asked the Icarsoft to clear the codes but I don't think it did it. I may have accidentally stored the code instead of clearing it. Being old, stiff and stupid makes you do silly things at times. By the time I had done the Outlander, I had had enough knee crunching etc and just wanted to get inside and connected up to my heat pad. In a couple of days I will go out and try again.

Comment

• razor
        • Nov 2014
        • Lewiston

I got one a few weeks ago and found it wouldn't allow me to clear abs codes and wouldn't do a dpf burn on a mates paj. Great for seeing all sensors though
        Previously: 2002 NM Pajero 3.2 DiD.
        NS Pajero Manual with mods

Silver NT Platinum. Long ranger sub tank, Dobinsons IMS 2" lift, Custom lightweight storage system, dual battery system with DCS 75ah lithium and redarc bcdc1250, full bash plates, bullbar, winch

"If you cant beat them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit"

Comment

• nj swb
          Resident
          • Jun 2007
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by razor View Post
          I got one a few weeks ago and found it wouldn't allow me to clear abs codes and wouldn't do a dpf burn on a mates paj. Great for seeing all sensors though
          Does it do the ABS bleed?
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• razor
            • Nov 2014
            • Lewiston

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
            Does it do the ABS bleed?
            Negative. Only scans and reads codes and you can live stream all of the sensor data. This is on the abs ecu unsure on the rest

Silver NT Platinum. Long ranger sub tank, Dobinsons IMS 2" lift, Custom lightweight storage system, dual battery system with DCS 75ah lithium and redarc bcdc1250, full bash plates, bullbar, winch

Comment

• sharkcaver
              "2000"+ Valued Contributor
              • May 2009
              • Perth

Wow, its better than a mutt III
              MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Hatto
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2013
                • Mandurah WA

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                Wow, its better than a mutt III
                Blahaha! Strooth don't start that argument again! Haha
                Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                  • May 2009
                  • Perth

Originally posted by 0415discog View Post
                  Blahaha! Strooth don't start that argument again! Haha
                  Lol. Wishing a happy fathers day to you all out there in Paj forum land.
                  MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• erad
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2015
                    • Cooma NSW

Most of my postings generate some discussion, at times controversial. Even so, no-one has really answered my query - Has anyone here experienced not being able to cancel a code with this device?

Comment

• sharkcaver
                      • May 2009
                      • Perth

I cant answer re the HNMII, nor the not as functional I909 myself, however airbag codes have been cleared with the I909 as reported here on the forum, so I doubt that the HNMII wont also do it. Pull your airbag wire under the seat, get the fault and let us know if it clears it. Worst case you will need a trip to Mits with a mutt.

My Journeys

Comment

• erad
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2015
                        • Cooma NSW

Sorry Caver, I am not game enough to do that. Yes, I know it should be OK, but the thought of something going BANG scares me witless.. I'll recheck the codes later today and see if they are still there. My knees haven't recovered from last Saturday's efforts.

Comment

• vrx26
                          • Sep 2014
                          • Melbourne, Victoria

I also bought one of this after reading the interesting discussion posted Gen 4-1 since I can also use it for my wife's Honda Accord Euro. I also got error code for ABS Low voltage since I just replaced battery recently and I did manage to clear the codes. So it works with the Honda. Connected it to my Pajero but no error codes read only some sensor readings so never had the chance to clear codes yet with the Pajero.

I updated and registered the unit before I used it though. Updating it is easier if you remove the micro SD card and use an SD card adaptor to insert to your computer or laptop. Using the USB cable doesn't seem to work. Once it reads your card it will automatically generate an access no. for you to update the unit.
                          09 NT Pajero Exceed V6 (OEM Nudge bar, Bonnet Protectors+Headlight Protectors, Stedi light bar, IDrive throttle controller, Lifted with Dobinson IMS Suspension)
                          Bucket list: Bushkinz plates

Comment

• erad
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2015
                            • Cooma NSW

Well, I checked my Pajero this afternoon. Yes - the SRS codes are still there. I cleared them again and the unit says it did clear them, but when I check again, they are still there - as are the transfer case codes (which the local dealer couldn't find). Maybe I saved the codes instead of clearing them, I don't know - probably I did, but I would think that going back again and specifically telling it to clear the codes would do just that. No way...

I did find some interesting info though. I went into the data section and read what the engine is doing. Idle speed ranged from 699.71 R/Min to 700.17 R/min, so I thought that was pretty stable. It still is not as smooth as my wife's Outlander - you have to look at the tachometer to see if the engine is actually running on that car. Fuel pressure increased as I pressed the accelerator, and it maxed out at 74 MPa. It measures fuel temperature - where the sensor is I wouldn't have a clue, as are a lot of other parameters which it displays, most of which I don't understand. Auto transmission temp was listed as -40 Deg C, even though I have a manual transmission. I guess that was an open circuit reading.

The SRS window had 4 options, and none of them seemed to be linked to the low voltage reading which caused the codes to come up in the first place. Maybe the ETACS window has something there but I couldn't find anything specific to SRS in that. There were about 157 parameters in the ETACS window that I could monitor. I doubt that I could change any of the parameters however - only monitor and record them.

I'll have to get a micro SD card so I can register the unit with ICarSoft and then maybe I can directly ask them why it own't do what I expect it to.

Comment

• razor
                              • Nov 2014
                              • Lewiston

One issue I have with mine is that when I am checking codes and I start or shut down then restart the car, the unit goes really laggy. I have to either unplug it or keep pressing the back button to return to the first menu then select all the options again.

It also was giving me a "failed to clear fault code" message when trying to clear a sticky abs code. Only when I could get the fault to clear on its own was when I could clear it from the ecu

Maybe I need to update mine too

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X