Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

For all of us who've been impatiently waiting.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zoom
    • Apr 2017
    • Sydney

Originally posted by paj30 View Post
    some images taken from facebook. It seems the tank hangs down very low.

link ?

Comment

• martialllaw
      • Jan 2012
      • Narangba

If it sits lower than the bash plates and sliders I Will have to cancel my order. Any reduction in ramp-over is unacceptable as I have often dropped onto the sliders and plates, dropping onto the tank or sliding on it over logs would suck big time. Also hope it doesn't interfere with the bushskinz transfer case guard.
      2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

• PAJ30
        • Oct 2011
        • Townsville

I hear you martialllaw so disappointed they could of had a good product but have put us in the category of bitumen cowboys LRA here I come.
        NS Cool Silver 25th Anniversary Edition with family pack. ARB Sahara bar with winch, dual batts, 2inch lift and 275/65R18's BFG Race pipe and HPD can and rear diff lock.

Comment

• Outbound Brown
          • Dec 2010
          • Gold Coast

Yikes that looks way lower than what I was told. Guess I'll know for certain next week.[emoji17]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          04 NP Exceed - Lovell 2" lift, LR tank, ARB Bull bar, Rhino roof track, Hankook AT, Airtec snorkel, 2nd battery, Bushskinz sump guard, rusty IPF spotties

16 NX GLS - Bilstein / Lovell 2" lift, Airbags, Bushskinz side steps and intercooler / sump guards, TJM Bull bar, Airtec Snorkel, GME TX3550, Illuminator 9" LED spotties, 17" NS alloys BFG 265/70/17 AT, Rhino Pioneer platform, Frontier LR fuel tank

Comment

• gringo
            • Jun 2009
            • Harrington Park (Sydney)

And we waited all this time for that? Good one ARBullshit

Comment

• martialllaw
              • Jan 2012
              • Narangba

Would like to know in real measurements the actual ground clearance difference between standard tank and this new one.
              2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

• gringo
                • Jun 2009
                • Harrington Park (Sydney)

I think just by looking at it it's about 50-70mm lower than the original and I think that is a big problem on any of road track

Comment

• Mussy
                  • Sep 2014
                  • Adelaide

Those pictures are of my vehicle. Tank went in last week.

It certainly sits below the genuine side steps and is any existing cross member, I didn't measure the original tank to compare it.

I asked about warranty on it, they said three years on parts and labor.... but if there is signs you have been dropping onto rocks and skull dragging it then it wouldn't be covered.

I think you will find the LRA rear aux tank will reduce departure angle, and would also be damaged dropping off rock shelves etc, but I agree that this would probably be better for light to medium 4wd situations and touring, pulling a van on the black top to extend range (which is more my style anyway, I like to get home).
                  Selling Shortly - 1994 NJ Pajero GLX 2.8TD

NW GLX Diesel: ARB Deluxe Bull Bar, ICOM-450N UHF, RAM Mounts for tablet, phone and Navman, Safari Snorkel, Rhino track mount system with HD crossbars and AT2112 Tray, X-Ray Vision DLB2010 Light Bar, Tigerz11 Awning, Bridgestone D697s. (Have but waiting to fit) X-Ray Vision 160 Series HID spots (pencil beam x 2), MSA DSL50 Drop Slide, ARB 60L Fridge.

Comment

• Outbound Brown
                    • Dec 2010
                    • Gold Coast

For all of us who've been impatiently waiting.....

Mussy, are you able to measure how much lower it sits than the gear box cross member?

Thanks
                    Last edited by Outbound Brown; 16-05-17, 06:11 PM.
                    04 NP Exceed - Lovell 2" lift, LR tank, ARB Bull bar, Rhino roof track, Hankook AT, Airtec snorkel, 2nd battery, Bushskinz sump guard, rusty IPF spotties

16 NX GLS - Bilstein / Lovell 2" lift, Airbags, Bushskinz side steps and intercooler / sump guards, TJM Bull bar, Airtec Snorkel, GME TX3550, Illuminator 9" LED spotties, 17" NS alloys BFG 265/70/17 AT, Rhino Pioneer platform, Frontier LR fuel tank

Comment

• insect_eater
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2015
                      • Canberra

Originally posted by Mussy View Post
                      I think you will find the LRA rear aux tank will reduce departure angle, and would also be damaged dropping off rock shelves etc, .
                      I've a 58l LRA tank, and as far as I can tell by eyeballing it along the angle, the bumper (on a Gen 4) would still hit ground first. If the bumper is sacrificial, it does reduce departure angle. As suggested, the tank has the potential to be whacked when dropping off steps/shelves and over logs etc - this is the more likely limitation.
                      NX GLX manual, T13, XD9000, Koni RAID, Ultragauge, ISI carrier, pioneer platform, Lithium auxillary

Comment

• Gareth
                        • Nov 2012
                        • Adelaide (North)

Ive bashed my LRA tank a few times really hard on solid rock (Terowie Creek beds in SA) and its still good to go. I wouldn't accept the main tank being any lower that stock if I was going to do anything more than a dirt road. Ive got some good gouges on the stock tank cover. I can only imagine it if it was 2 inches plus lower!
                        Silver 2008 NS VRX 3.2 DiD
                        Ironman / Lovell 50mm lift, 275/65R18 Maxxis Big Horn's, Custom Rear bar protection, Bush Skinz intercooler guard, 4mm oil pan guard (self made), Bush Skinz Trans and Transfer guards, Bush Skinz Rock sliders, ARB Deluxe colour coded bull bar, ORU 12,000LB winch, Light force 240 Spot Lights, Custom dual battery carrier / Red Arc Isolator, UHF, Custom Tuned Uni-Chip.

Comment

• Mussy
                          • Sep 2014
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Outbound Brown View Post
                          Mussy, are you able to measure how much lower it sits than the gear box cross member?

Thanks
                          Missed this yesterday sorry. Will grab a tape measure this afternoon and let you know.

NW GLX Diesel: ARB Deluxe Bull Bar, ICOM-450N UHF, RAM Mounts for tablet, phone and Navman, Safari Snorkel, Rhino track mount system with HD crossbars and AT2112 Tray, X-Ray Vision DLB2010 Light Bar, Tigerz11 Awning, Bridgestone D697s. (Have but waiting to fit) X-Ray Vision 160 Series HID spots (pencil beam x 2), MSA DSL50 Drop Slide, ARB 60L Fridge.

Comment

• grhyso
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2012
                            • Perth

Bummer, looking at those pictures it seems this is an absolute fail on ARB's behalf. I was curious when they first announced this tank so I crawled under the car and was blown away how on earth they would be able to fit a 140L tank in there. When that dropped to 128L I thought maybe they've jsssut done that so it doesn't hang lower than the crossmember and sidesteps.

I doubt it would fit with a transmission bash plate there either. Won't be fitting one of these to my Paj anytime soon.
                            2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Mussy
                              • Sep 2014
                              • Adelaide

Ok, couldn't get pics because my phone camera is playing up. It sits level, maybe a couple of mm lower than the transmission cross member if that helps. It sits nearly hard up against it at the front, and follows that level along the length of the car to about in line with the back of the side steps.

Comment

• pjchris
                                • Jun 2007

Ok, I had mine installed today and compared to the original it sits 27mm lower.

I'm not that worried as I generally don't do anything even close to extreme but it may be a problem for some..

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X