X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aspey
    • Dec 2015
    • Great Southern Land

Whats the point of running massive rubber? It will make the car unroadworthy and it will look stupid.
    NP VRX DID

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by pronvit View Post
      I get that, but that doesn't answer the question whether it's possible at all to get something that doesn't fit generic regulations road legal. Like scratch-built vehicles, heavy modifications, conversions, etc.

In a nutshell...no. We ahve Australian standards and rules by which all vehicles/vans/trailers must adhere to so as to be able to be registered for on road use. If you do not want to use it on the roads you can please yourself what you..within limits. Heavy mods must meet current road regulations. Conversions as well. Its not America where a 4 inch lift kit, loud exhaust and 35 inch tyres are perfectly legal in many states..illegal in others. States have minor variations but generally mods are well regulated . Like it or not...
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• DID Dash
        • Aug 2016
        • Australia

It is possible to get an Engineer to approve large tyres and other similar mods. however you must still comply with relevant regulations. I understand that many Engineers will not approve large tyre increases on vehicles with Electronic Stability Control such as your Pajero, but are more willing to look at pre ESC models.
        17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• nj swb
          Resident
          • Jun 2007
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by DID Dash View Post
          It is possible to get an Engineer to approve large tyres and other similar mods. however you must still comply with relevant regulations. I understand that many Engineers will not approve large tyre increases on vehicles with Electronic Stability Control such as your Pajero, but are more willing to look at pre ESC models.
          I've lost track of how the rules have changed over time, but when I lived in Queensland (early 2000s) it wasn't possible to have larger tyres engineered - +15mm was it. So I weighed the pros & cons, considered the risks, and fitted 285/75R16s to my NJ Shorty (after installing a 50mm body lift, which was inspected & approved by Queensland Transport).

When I moved to SA, I needed to have the body lift and larger tyres engineered - it passed with flying colours, and became 100% road legal.
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• pronvit
            • Mar 2019
            • New Zealand

Originally posted by DID Dash View Post
            I thought NZ rules were strict... That's a shame. Especially considering that all these modifications are much more useful in AU than here.
            2008 Pajero NS V6. Factory rear diff lock. OME suspension. Ironman underbody protection. Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform. ASFIR hidden winch mount, Ridge Ryder 12000lbs winch.

2006 LR Discovery 3 TDV6.

Comment

• KPJero
              • May 2019
              • QLD

I'm putting on 265/70R17s this Friday and a 2" lift kit. The shop is having a EOFY on lift kits so getting 15% off. Going with Falken Wildpeaks A/Ts

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X