• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NP_Pajero
    • Mar 2011
    • Great Southern WA

Cruise Control

I have a NP Pajero and was looking for the location of the Cruise Contro Unit..

Any Help would be appreciated...
  • Goodsy
    Who ya gunna call....
    • Dec 2010
    • Hervey Bay

NP what? 3.5L, 3.8L or diesel 3.2L?
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• NP_Pajero
      • Mar 2011
      • Great Southern WA

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
      NP what? 3.5L, 3.8L or diesel 3.2L?
      Sorry... 3.8L

Comment

• brett
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007

As the 3.8L is fly by wire, as in there is no throttle cable I assume it would be the same as the 3.2 DID and it doesn't have a control unit like the old systems. It's all done electronically by the ECU.

Comment

• NP_Pajero
          • Mar 2011
          • Great Southern WA

Originally posted by brett View Post
          As the 3.8L is fly by wire, as in there is no throttle cable I assume it would be the same as the 3.2 DID and it doesn't have a control unit like the old systems. It's all done electronically by the ECU.
          Thanks, i could not see any unit.. It just stopped and i can't seen to find to much info on them?
          Was not even able to locate a fuse?

Comment

• Bonne Brad
            • Jun 2019
            • Tasmania

Cruise Control not working

Good morning all, have had a look at the threads relating to this problem but still a bit confused on what may be causing this.
            I have a NP Pajero 3.2 Diesel manual, 370,000 k, the light is on but the cruise control will not engage.
            Originally when this occurred the light would not come on but I turned the wheel and it turned on but the cruise control would not engage.
            After everything I have read I am thinking it may be the clock wheel? Any ideas?

Comment

• tiger99
              • Oct 2015
              • Brisbane

My old falcon had the same issue. One break light bulb had blown. Apparently cruise control was switched into the brake light circuit. Maybe same for Pajero.

Pete
              2011 NT RX. Ironbark. 2.5 x 2.5 Awning.

Comment

• nj swb
                Resident
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

It could be the clock spring, which carries the button signals from the steering wheel back to the steering column. It's basically a long and very flexible ribbon cable, with lots of parallel conductors. It's not unusual for one or more conductors to fracture over time, and become intermittent. When the wheel is in a certain spot, the fracture opens up and the button doesn't work - move the wheel, the fracture closes, the button works. In my NT I recently had this happening with the audio control buttons - a new clock spring fixed the problem.

Alternatively, the problem I have occasionally is that the Set / Resume buttons will both stop working - I must turn the cruise control off, then back on before they both resume working. It doesn't appear to be related to steering wheel position.
                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Bonne Brad
                  • Jun 2019
                  • Tasmania

Ok, so the long ribbon strip that does get cracks in it and causes problems similar to symptoms as I described is part of the clock wheel?

Comment

• nj swb
                    Resident
                    • Jun 2007
                    • Adelaide

It's generally referred to as a clock spring, and it sits behind the steering wheel.

It also carries air bag signals, so make sure you disconnect your battery before you play with it.
                    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Bonne Brad
                      • Jun 2019
                      • Tasmania

Ok, so the clock spring ribbon strip that gets damaged is purchased as part of the clock spring?
                      Cheers Brad

Comment

• Bonne Brad
                        • Jun 2019
                        • Tasmania

Clock Spring suppliers

Can anyone let me know if their is a non genuine provider of Clock Spring?
                        NP 3.2 DID Manual Nov 02.
                        OEM cost is pretty expensive!

Comment

• aussieintas
                          Valued Member
                          • Feb 2013
                          • Sorell, Tasmania

Try Partsouq.com, genuine parts normally cheaper than in Australia. Search by your VIN.

Or Amayama.com
                          2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                          88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                          92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                          92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                          99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                          95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                          08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Bonne Brad
                            • Jun 2019
                            • Tasmania

Thanks for the help! I already had a look on eBay what was available but not real clear as no part numbers quoted. Partsquo site is excellent to find part number but no stock of clock spring. Found another site but when converted similar price to buying off local dealer. Looks like best option is to pick up new item from dealer.
                            Thanks for everyone’s help.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X