• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BJPK
    • May 2019
    • Perth

Originally posted by Trojan View Post
    Note that this rectified my fault with the same symptoms. It doesn't guarantee a fix for anyone else.

[ATTACH]42293[/ATTACH]
    Position of faulty solenoid on backing plate.

[ATTACH]42294[/ATTACH]
    The bugger is O/C.

[ATTACH]42295[/ATTACH]
    A good one at around 40 ohms.

I don't know if it is relevant to what is happening with you but the fault would also disable my Cruise Control. The yellow striped hose goes up to the throttle body area close to where the circlip is located that others have found a problem.

Don't get too excited if things look good for a little while due to the ECU reset after the battery removal. These once off faults are so fun.
    Had another quick look but dont have a multimeter at home.
    Im thinking it may not be this solenoid though as when the engine is revved up the valve opens and closes. So im under the assumption the solenoid is in fact working?

Comment

• Trojan
      • Jan 2013
      • Coconuts

I thought the same. Removed it and applied 12v to it and it switched as expected and thought it was OK. Put a multi on it, and the rest of them.

Take the mounting bracket out to make it easier.
      Troy
      04 GLS DID Auto, Bilstein & Lovells 2 inch HD, Bushskinz I/C & Sump Guard, Pielli Scorpion ATR 265/70/R16 P, Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB 2DIN
      17 NX Exceed, Steel OEM Bar (Gone and not missed)

Comment

• BJPK
        • May 2019
        • Perth

Originally posted by Trojan View Post
        I thought the same. Removed it and applied 12v to it and it switched as expected and thought it was OK. Put a multi on it, and the rest of them.

Take the mounting bracket out to make it easier.
        Awesome mate, will test them all and report back! Thanks for going outta your way to help 👌

Comment

• b1benno
          • Aug 2019
          • Adelaide

Yes cheers.
          Mechanic scanned after changing the engine mounts as lights were on the dash, said it was steering angle sensor and has been reset. Hopefully doesn’t come back, wonder if it was caused after the wheel alignment?
          b1benno

Adelaide

2004 NP Pajero 3.2 DiD GLX Auto
          Lovell-lifted, otherwise standard

Nudging 400k !

Comment

• nervis
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2009
            • Central West NSW

Hey guys, after a 4 year Hiatus from driving a Paj I just got myself a 05 GLX DID, had this exact problem. No C-clip to be found and shaft quite worn down (580kms on the clock). Drilled a 2mlockm hole, used a washer and a small R clip from an RC car. Done!
            Mick: MY15 NX GLX Manual DID, SprintBooster, EGR blank, Redarc remote EBC on factory loom, GME UHF, TJM Snorkel.

Comment

• El_Freddo
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2018
              • Bridgewater, Vic

nervis - I’m going to need to steal this idea!

Is that hat clip an easy one to come across? I’m not into RCs so don’t have any spare parts like that “kicking” around

Cheers

Bennie
              2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X