• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Amok View Post
    Don't pay the ransom! That only encourages them....

Switched to imgur a while back, couldn't be happier as its so much easier to use with the apps. Not fun transferring images but I don't have a huge amount like some people.

Originally posted by Imgur
    Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network
    Imgur's website actually provides you with the links to let you do stuff that breaches their terms of service. Just like Photobucket did.

At the start, I said I'd happily pay for a service if I considered it a reasonable price. I didn't like $400 per year. $100 per year (even if that's US$) I will seriously consider.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• sharkcaver
      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Google photo's. No issue (that i'm aware of) with 3rd party hosting, unlimited storage if you elect to upload in "standard" quality and no cost. Try it, you have nothing to loose. All my blog pics have now gone over there.
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• NFT5
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Canberra

There is a Photobucket alternative.

Australian Image Hosting Community!

Free and Australian.
        Chris

Comment

• sharkcaver
          • May 2009
          • Perth

well it seems adding the"-tmp.jpg" is now not embedding a
          google photo file to this forum....Grrrrrr

Yet others that I posted earlier are still showing.

has there been a forum code update? or is it at googles end?
          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

I just use Chrome with the photobucket add-on and all is well.
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Pickle
              Administrator
              • Jun 2007
              • All over Oz

Originally posted by sharkcaver;5760[B
              has there been a forum code update[/B] or is it at googles end?
              Not that i'm aware of!
              Dave
              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• sharkcaver
                • May 2009
                • Perth

Thanks Dave, I will have to look into it next week. No time to play atm, I'm off on another down south adventure with that mankini wearing pootrol traitor

My Journeys

Comment

• vladguan
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • Adelaide

It appears that Photobucket has backed away from charging for third-party links.

The company, which became one of the nation’s largest photo-sharing sites in the early 2000s, outraged customers last summer when it began charging fees to host images. Customers complained a…

My following post does not use "~original" at the end of the URL compared to the two photos on the previous page.

OK, might as well have a thread on my ride. Car is a MY15 NX Pajero GLS in Graphite Metallic colour with 3.2L I4 DiD and 5Spd Tiptronic Auto. Mods to date: Clear tint over privacy glass (kids don't complain like they do in the wife's Outlander with privacy glass but no clear tint to stop UV). 20% tint on front door
                  Please call me Vlad.
                  -----------------------
                  MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Sydney

Just had a quick look at the email I was sent. For 3rd party hosting privileges the cheapest is US$2.49 per month with 2GB storage.
                    NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• sharkcaver
                      • May 2009
                      • Perth

Rehashing an old thread......

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but the extortion PB tried to use on everyone must have failed.

PB now 3rd party host all your pics with no ~original or other workaround. They just watermark the image.

So I guess that is a win.

Pity those that deleted their pics or accounts. I left mine intact but swapped to google photo's as an alternate free hosting source. So My blog and forum posts from that era is back in business -but at some stage I will move all my blog to google when time permits.

My Journeys

Comment

• nj swb
                        Resident
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Adelaide

Bump.

So Photobucket sent me an email, saying I hadn't logged in for over 12 months, and they might delete my account (or something like that).

So I thought I would log in to their "new experience", to see if its any better.

For me, it's not. Still buggy / laggy, after several attempts I can't see any of my photos (sits at "preparing 0/xxx" photos and never changes, while it waits for various ad-servers to serve up ads).

Is anybody else experiencing better luck?
                        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• vladguan
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2015
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                          Bump.

So Photobucket sent me an email, saying I hadn't logged in for over 12 months, and they might delete my account (or something like that).

So I thought I would log in to their "new experience", to see if its any better.

For me, it's not. Still buggy / laggy, after several attempts I can't see any of my photos (sits at "preparing 0/xxx" photos and never changes, while it waits for various ad-servers to serve up ads).

Is anybody else experiencing better luck?
                          Gave up long ago. Downloaded all my photos that I wanted to keep and deleted my account.
                          Please call me Vlad.
                          -----------------------
                          MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• NJV6
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2010
                            • New Zealand

Ditto, it’s still junk.
                            1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
                            1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
                            2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• Pushbike
                              • Jun 2017
                              • Sydney

"For me, it's not. Still buggy / laggy, after several attempts I can't see any of my photos (sits at "preparing 0/xxx" photos and never changes, while it waits for various ad-servers to serve up ads)."

Could try using an AdBlocker, or if the popup is cycling then right click on it and see if there is an option to stop the Loop.

I keep all Pics local, PC, DVD or USB drive (say 16GB) or selected Pics go on my web pages.

To change the Pic size before uploading to a post I use Fotoxx, (on Ubuntu platform), all free, and I think now available for Win systems. Ubuntu has a lot of open source software for manipulating files e.g bulk rename after down loading from your camera, Pic sizing ,labelling etc. Have a look. I've been using Ubuntu plus applications for about 15 years and mainly use Win 10 / WinXP for legacy software.
                              Did use a cloud based repository ( what is now called Microsoft One Drive) for overseas travel Pics but they reduced the "free" capacity to less than 7 GB and it was slow and a bit clunky so ditched it. Just use USB drives for backup when traveling.
                              Think about acquiring your own web space and use it as a private repository or create your own web page(s) or ?? My service provider allocates 250Mb space free.
                              Pajero NX GLX MY17, OEM Rubber mats, OEM Towbar and tongue, After market Rev. Sensors, MSA4x4 seat covers, OEM nudge bar.

Remember the science demonstration of a table covered with mouse traps loaded with ping pong balls and the teacher drops a ping pong ball into the middle.
                              Well, the ball has been dropped.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                                Valued Member
                                • Jul 2013
                                • Sydney

Haven’t tried so can’t comment. I did try to copy pics across to google pics but that was a big fail so I’ve just left what is there and will slowly update my posts linking to new provider.

I’ve tried imgbox but now I’m getting malicious site warnings so now trying imgur. So far seems easy and there is the option to resize pics. The only drawback is that the imgur website doesn’t have full functionality when accessed via a mobile device. I’m using an S10 phone, ie Android, and overcome the issue by using the Samsung internet browser and selecting desktop mode.

As to deleting my phucket account, I thought it better to fill it and let sit on their server. I guess they’re trying to manage that somewhat by requiring a regular signin.
                                NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X