• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • linc
    • Jan 2008
    • Perth

Drivers side window 'clunk'

Just to add to the recent threads on drivers side windows issues --- mine has a very noticeable 'clunk' noise when moving into fully retracted position.
    It does this with 100% repeatability, and there are no issues with the other powered windows.

Before stripping the door back, any thoughts on what might be the issue?
    Pajero NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto DiD
    Bilstein shocks / Lovell 2" lifted HD springs / Polyair Bags, Cooper AT3 (265/70/17), Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel, Uniden CB radio with 3+6dB whip antennae, Garmin Nuvi 760, Ironman awning with strip lighting, Rhino Pioneer tray, 42" lightbar, 135Ahr AGM dual batt system, 300W Solar panels, 4" rear work-lights
    Wishlist : ARB Deluxe bullbar
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

Could this not be caused by the auto function of the drivers window?
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Paul (SA)
      • Apr 2013
      • Australia

I reported this to MM at my last service. They said it was due to some bolt/screw working loose. They sort of fixed it, but not 100%.

Comment

• linc
        • Jan 2008
        • Perth

Originally posted by Paul (SA) View Post
        I reported this to MM at my last service. They said it was due to some bolt/screw working loose. They sort of fixed it, but not 100%.
        Thanks Paul --- one day when i get some free time I might look at stripping the door back. Pain in the
        Pajero NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto DiD
        Bilstein shocks / Lovell 2" lifted HD springs / Polyair Bags, Cooper AT3 (265/70/17), Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel, Uniden CB radio with 3+6dB whip antennae, Garmin Nuvi 760, Ironman awning with strip lighting, Rhino Pioneer tray, 42" lightbar, 135Ahr AGM dual batt system, 300W Solar panels, 4" rear work-lights
        Wishlist : ARB Deluxe bullbar

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X