• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreamerman
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2009
    • Sydney

Central locking RPM sensing

Hi, I used to own a dual cab where the doors automatically lock when a certain speed (or RPM - not sure) is reached. I missed that feature and wondering if anyone fitted an aftermarket module to achieve the same result?
    03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

I could never see the reason to lock the doors when a vehicle was moving. Locking the doors does not secure the doors any better than unlocked - it only stops people from being able to open the doors in the even of a prang. Yes - it also stops people from opening the doors when stopped in traffic, but if that is your desire, then simply press the lock button on the door control panel.

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2019
      • Victoria

You could get a RV Fridge relay that senses movement, and have that trigger door locking motors
      2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• dreamerman
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2009
        • Sydney

I have seen a OBD module that does this for Hyundai IX25, will keep looking maybe there is one for the Pajero.
        03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• 2bad4u
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Perth, Western Australia

Originally posted by erad View Post
          I could never see the reason to lock the doors when a vehicle was moving. Locking the doors does not secure the doors any better than unlocked - it only stops people from being able to open the doors in the even of a prang. Yes - it also stops people from opening the doors when stopped in traffic, but if that is your desire, then simply press the lock button on the door control panel.
          I did an advanced driver training course a few years ago and they recommend that you do lock the doors. They explained that locking the doors does help prevent them opening in an accident. And if they are that badly damaged that they can't be opened then they will be cutting the doors open anyway. I've always locked my doors since.
          Warren
          2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
          2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti

Comment

• NFT5
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2011
            • Canberra

Originally posted by 2bad4u View Post
            They explained that locking the doors does help prevent them opening in an accident.

Ummm...........how?
            Chris

Comment

• erad
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Cooma NSW

Locking the doors only de-activates the outer parts of the door lock. I cannot see how doing this provides additional security for the doors unless it does some form of deadlock function and even then I can't see any more security.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2019
                • Brisbane

We had A Hyundai car that use to do it, once I got use to it I miss the feature.

I especially miss the feature as it is my wife & kids that use that car.

To me it is a good feature for security in this ever changing world.
                Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2016
                  • Greater Sydney

Before auto lights and wipers it just takes a press of a button.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2019
                    • Brisbane

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                    Before auto lights and wipers it just takes a press of a button.
                    I see your point & granted your correct.

Although after having the feature my opinion is as follows,

You won't notice your wife didn't "press the button" until the knock on the door advising her heads caved in from some young punk gang that liked the vehicle, bashed her senless.

As example.

Or someone has knife in between your ribs as you didn't "press the button" & they want the vehicle.

I know I know it doesn't happen in Australia

Without auto wipers you'll know as there will be water on the windscreen.

Auto lights you won't be able to see where you are going reminding you to "press the button".
                    Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X