• Show
Clear All
  • binda
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2013
    • rocky

Water tank into the 3rd row seat well.

Hi guys,

I'd thought I share with you my water tank install into the 3rd row seat well.
    Its seems this space is mostly used as a tool storage space but I have seen it used as 2nd fuel tank.
    I opted to make my space for water because with small kids, it's awesome to be able to hose them off after a day on the beach before they get into the car.

Also as part of this project I cheated a bit more space in the back by removing the lower side cowlings and laying down some carpets.

The water tank is a 60l poly tank from Rays Outdoors. There is also a 4 litre per minute 12v pump mounted in between the outer and inners skin on the left hand side.

The tank needed 3 hoses connected to it.
    1. water in.
    2. water out
    3. breather.

On the right hand side I mounted a couple of 12v outlets. USB + ciggie for the fridge. All supplied with heavy gauge wire with an isolator switch in the front dash.

I've still got some work to do with the hoses. Still haven't solved that problem.
    Attached Files
    04 NP DiD
    Dobinsons shocks and spring - 2" lift with full bush kit, 285/75R16 KO3 BF Goodrich Muddies, IPF 900 Lights, 42" LED lightbar, Snorkel, DIY 3/4 Roof Rack, Milford Cargo Barrier, Single Mass Flywheel Clutch Conversion, using Samsung Galaxy 10 as my GPS device, OziExplorer for Android, wikicamps app to find all the good camp sites. My Travel Blog . My Photography Site . Expedition 4LowDrive
  • Rovingman
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2014
    • Blue mountains

Exellent im doing the same but on the roof for water transport to the trailer and for the kiddie hose of for summer only. Then remove it will have the 80lt BCf tank.
    Awesome job mate.
    Pajero NT RX 2011
    Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
    LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• sno
      • May 2015
      • melbourne

all good installs, need help in removing 3rd row seat. how is it done?
      cheers

Comment

• Hill
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2007
        • Adelaide

Binda
        Thanks for sharing your design.Its a very tidy installation and one of the best uses of 3rd row seat.

Hill
        200 Series
        AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• Chainsaw
          • Oct 2016
          • Sunshine Coast Aust

Originally posted by sno View Post
          all good installs, need help in removing 3rd row seat. how is it done?
          cheers
          I know I had problems when I first did it too. Do a search on the forum and it is explained there. I know that you have to use a screwdriver to lever a spring in where the seat clips in. The book just says to pull rearward evenly and will slide out, didn't work for me., and had to release a spring clip.

Comment

• uncompromise
            • Jun 2020
            • France

Originally posted by Chainsaw View Post
            I know I had problems when I first did it too. Do a search on the forum and it is explained there. I know that you have to use a screwdriver to lever a spring in where the seat clips in. The book just says to pull rearward evenly and will slide out, didn't work for me., and had to release a spring clip.

Bringing this post back from the archives; i’m having trouble getting my 3rd row seat out; the right hand slides out no problem; I figured there was a spring clip somewhere but I can’t see it. Curious if you can provide any more clarity. Like many I want access to that storage space!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X