• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • my.paj
    • Dec 2010
    • Tullamarine

No front suspension

Hi 99 NL has no bounce at all, its like sitting on bump rubbers, torsion bars only have about 10mm left to ajust, are the torsion bars stuffed ? will reindex work ? my paj has done over 340k should I look for good used?. Rick
    Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
    New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

• nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

I'm guessing you have wound the torsion bars too far, and your upper control arms are wedged firmly on the droop stops.

Find your droop stops, and wind the torsion bars back until you have a minimum of 10mm gap between control arm and stop.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• my.paj
      • Dec 2010
      • Tullamarine

I have not wound the bars at all, the front is much lower than the rear I wanted to lift it up about 20mm but noticed its almost all the way up, there are 2 bump stops on the top and they have about 30mm gap and 1 on the bottom has about 15mm gap. Rick
      Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***

Comment

• Patagonia
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2009
        • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

They are sagged as you say, you can re-index and get "factory" settings again but it bill probably sag again in long term. As an intermediate solution its ok to do that but for a permanent solution its better to change the bars.

regards
        2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
        Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
        31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
        2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• my.paj
          • Dec 2010
          • Tullamarine

Ok took nuts of top of shocker and had heaps of bounce, both the front shocks were stiff, one of them I could not push it down or lift it up so put in new set, I also reindexed the torsion bars and this was a simple job about 30min a side, the front sits up where it should be and has some suspension, verry happy for a few hours work.

Comment

• loopie
            • Oct 2009

well done there,youve gotta feel great its fixed , hard to pay $80.00 per hour labour when you only earn $20.00,

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X