• Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Go your own way

Max's first outing - getting it's feet wet:

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Amazing place's ... look's like the Isuzu does it easy ... I am still in ore of your drone footage (totally different prospective on a location) ...

Keep them coming

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• NTBenny
      • May 2017
      • Newcastle

Top vid.

Cheers,

Benny
      2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• Nab
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2012
        • Perth

Another good vid. When are you going to do a Pajero/Dmax comparison video?
        SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
        NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• sharkcaver
          • May 2009
          • Perth

Originally posted by Nab View Post
          Another good vid. When are you going to do a Pajero/Dmax comparison video?
          Hmmmm, I thought I did too much vid now....haha. Maybe when I get a good handle on Max I could do a comparo??

Amazing place's ... look's like the Isuzu does it easy ... I am still in ore of your drone footage (totally different prospective on a location) ...
          Thanks LR. Yeah, Max did it easy, but so too would have the Paj. I need to get Max into some harder stuff to compare. I dunno about awe, but yes, the drone does give another perspective and it's good to see. Just wait till I get to the mouth of Broke inlet (coming soon)

And thanks to you too Benny
          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

Living the dream Sharkie. Do it while you can eh? Too many think that they,ll do it later and miss out. Isuzu is a great outfit for your style of travel. Well done.
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• sharkcaver
              • May 2009
              • Perth

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
              Living the dream Sharkie. Do it while you can eh? Too many think that they,ll do it later and miss out. Isuzu is a great outfit for your style of travel. Well done.
              Too right, be buggered staying home and mowing lawns....haha. Cheers!

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                • May 2009
                • Perth

Part II now live:

My Journeys

Comment

• 1533rl
                  • Jun 2007
                  • armadale wa

Go your own way

Well Shane, what a weird place for you to pop up ! Great vids as usual. We were down there in late Feb and had similar weather - typical south coast. D'Entrecasteaux is a great place to drive through. Should have known you had been around Moore's Hut, more joe blakes than we have seen before and the fastest tiger I have ever seen - cleared a few camp chairs very quickly.
                  Hope the new rig serves you well.
                  Cheers
                  Peter

Comment

• sharkcaver
                    • May 2009
                    • Perth

Originally posted by 1533rl View Post
                    Well Shane, what a weird place for you to pop up ! Great vids as usual. We were down there in late Feb and had similar weather - typical south coast. D'Entrecasteaux is a great place to drive through. Should have known you had been around Moore's Hut, more joe blakes than we have seen before and the fastest tiger I have ever seen - cleared a few camp chairs very quickly.
                    Hope the new rig serves you well.
                    Cheers
                    Peter
                    Thanks Peter. That last dune, getting onto Coodamurrup beach....(where I point out where the next night's camp will be), there is a small creek system beside it. I saw a nice fat tiger swim across that, but he was too quick to get on film. Apart from that, that was the only joe blake seen. It's a great area, I seem to go there once a year now.

The next vid is special to me...finally I get to the mouth of Broke Inlet

My Journeys

Comment

• 1533rl
                      • Jun 2007
                      • armadale wa

Go Your Own Way

Looking forward to P3, and might ask for the the inlet track file too after I've checked out the vid !
                      We scoped out Mandalay Beach, on foot, and looked at the new place down at Banksia. Very swish so no wonder it is popular. You may have just started the tourist rush ! We did not stay the night, in too much of a rush to get to Quinningup for a meal at the new pub. Seems how we look to end every trip now - good habit though.
                      Cheers
                      Peter

Comment

• Morville
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2008
                        • Buxton Vic

Hi Shane,
                        We still follow your exploits with great interest since we did the CSR together. It is probably time that your Paj got a bit of an easier life and you have a great new vehicle in the D-Max.
                        However you may or may not be aware that some MY14 to MY16 D-Max's have had a problem with the rear axle cracking just outside the spring mounting pad.
                        My brother has a MY16 dual cab and just recently discovered oil caked dirt on the rear axle at that location. He still has OEM suspension and has done some outback tracks like GRR and Oodnadatta Track but nothing very severe. His dealer replaced the rear axle under warranty.
                        My brother is aware of several other D-Max's that have had the same problem including 2 separate cases last year where the axle has broken completely on the CSR (google DMax rear axle failure). Both are shown there in the 4X4Earth forum.
                        In the photos of both CSR cases there is oil stained and caked dirt in the area of the failure which means that it had been cracked for some time. The dude that says "I did not see it coming" obviously had not been checking his vehicle regularly.
                        Apparently from MY17 onwards D-Max's have modified heavier rear axles.
                        To Shane and others with D-Max's, it may pay to regularly check your rear axle particularly when traveling off-road.
                        Cheers
                        Peter (Harry)

Comment

• sharkcaver
                          • May 2009
                          • Perth

Originally posted by 1533rl View Post
                          Looking forward to P3, and might ask for the the inlet track file too after I've checked out the vid !
                          We scoped out Mandalay Beach, on foot, and looked at the new place down at Banksia. Very swish so no wonder it is popular. You may have just started the tourist rush ! We did not stay the night, in too much of a rush to get to Quinningup for a meal at the new pub. Seems how we look to end every trip now - good habit though.
                          Cheers
                          Peter
                          A pub meal...nice one. It almost beats hoisin chicken vietnamese salad
                          when I get to it (i've been a bit slack) I will download the track data and shoot you an email. You will want the log once you see the inlet.
                          I was quite surprised the camp was almost full, mid week, outside of school holidays, in some average weather.

Hi Shane,
                          We still follow your exploits with great interest since we did the CSR together. It is probably time that your Paj got a bit of an easier life and you have a great new vehicle in the D-Max.
                          However you may or may not be aware that some MY14 to MY16 D-Max's have had a problem with the rear axle cracking just outside the spring mounting pad.
                          My brother has a MY16 dual cab and just recently discovered oil caked dirt on the rear axle at that location. He still has OEM suspension and has done some outback tracks like GRR and Oodnadatta Track but nothing very severe. His dealer replaced the rear axle under warranty.
                          My brother is aware of several other D-Max's that have had the same problem including 2 separate cases last year where the axle has broken completely on the CSR (google DMax rear axle failure). Both are shown there in the 4X4Earth forum.
                          In the photos of both CSR cases there is oil stained and caked dirt in the area of the failure which means that it had been cracked for some time. The dude that says "I did not see it coming" obviously had not been checking his vehicle regularly.
                          Apparently from MY17 onwards D-Max's have modified heavier rear axles.
                          To Shane and others with D-Max's, it may pay to regularly check your rear axle particularly when traveling off-road.
                          Cheers
                          Peter (Harry)
                          Haha thanks Harry - I forgot about that one
                          That CSR trip is still one of my most memorable, and not for the bailout with the Paj. Some mad farmer with a chainsaw is burnt into my brain....

Yes, I am aware of 2 axle failures to date. Now I can make that 3. IIRC, I put some pics up on 4x4 earth in that thread. A bit concerning and I went into the D-max purchase aware of this issue. I reckon if anyone can make it rear it's ugly head, I will - but I hope not.
                          Just imagine being 500Km deep into the desert and you spot oil leakage at that spot.....alarming indeed.

Funny though, there has been bugger all mention of it on some d-max specific fourms. So while I acknowledge it is a risk, I still think it's a small risk atm.....like corona, it's a fluid situation. Watch this space.

You you are both well and not out of toilet paper.

My Journeys

Comment

• Morville
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2008
                            • Buxton Vic

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                            Haha thanks Harry - I forgot about that one
                            That CSR trip is still one of my most memorable, and not for the bailout with the Paj. Some mad farmer with a chainsaw is burnt into my brain....

Yes, I am aware of 2 axle failures to date. Now I can make that 3. IIRC, I put some pics up on 4x4 earth in that thread. A bit concerning and I went into the D-max purchase aware of this issue. I reckon if anyone can make it rear it's ugly head, I will - but I hope not.
                            Just imagine being 500Km deep into the desert and you spot oil leakage at that spot.....alarming indeed.

Funny though, there has been bugger all mention of it on some d-max specific fourms. So while I acknowledge it is a risk, I still think it's a small risk atm.....like corona, it's a fluid situation. Watch this space.

You you are both well and not out of toilet paper.
                            HAHa indeed, we have an electric chainsaw now so don't have to go so far from camp to cut wood.
                            We are both well thanks, not much outback since CSR, we have had a few extensive overseas trips to visit rellies in Canada, Holland, UK etc. not this year (thank Christ).
                            Mate, we live in the bush, no need for toilet paper there are plenty of gumleaves.
                            Peter

Comment

• sharkcaver
                              • May 2009
                              • Perth

The China virus edition.

Finally got around to finishing off the inaugural trip in Max.

I'm now on annual leave. I was about to head into the desert, but I'm now stuck at home socially distancing myself.

Take care out there,I'm itching to get away in Max again.

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X