Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 15-03-19

Default help identify snorkels

Can you help identify the make of snorkels (TJM, Safari etc) in the pics?

EDIT: I think snorkel2 is Safari and will require water bottle replacement
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snorkel1download.jpg (9.6 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg snorkel2download.jpg (58.1 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by dreamerman; 15-03-19 at 02:31 PM.
Old 15-03-19
Valued Member

Photo 1 TJM. It requires a smaller washer bottle that comes with the kit. It's mounted in the same place. the same place

Regards the Safari I believe it could be difficult to replace the bulbs in the driver side headlight.

Some will correct me if I'm incorrect.
Old 15-03-19

Which one is catch can friendly?
Old 15-03-19
Valued Member

Sorry, no idea as we don't have a catch can.

The Safari also needs the mudguard blinker moved. The TJM does not.
Old 15-03-19

I am in a catch 22 where I would like to add a snorkel in the future and add a catch can now. What can I do?
Old 15-03-19
Valued Member

With a TJM (airtec) snorkel you can still fit a catch-can, but it is fixed onto the firewall rather than to the side wall on the driver's side, which is of course now where the snorkel enters the engine bay. I have a TJM snorkel and a HPD catch can; their standard bracket is for the side wall, but if you ask they will supply a different mounting kit for the firewall (just next to the wiper motor). Other brands of catch cans may do similar, people with Mann-Provent etc may be able to advise.
BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni 90 front and Bilstein 6272 rear shocks with Lovell HD springs, Lightforce 170 Halogen driving lights, Brown Davis i/c and sump bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, SPV EGR mod, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD oil catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker
Old 16-03-19

I have the TJM Snorkel and provent catch can - some info on this link https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=58663

You can keep the original washer bottle with bit of modification as on this link https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=32250
2015 NX GLS silver, tow pack, Redarc TowPro, Bush Skinz, ARB b/bar, TJM snorkel, Fyrlyt spotties, Stedi DRL/foglights, Dobinsons 40mm lift, CTek DC-DC, 100 ah agm, provent catch can, UHF. Still to sort TC patch instal, rear storage, platform rack.
Old 16-03-19
Valued Member

Mate do a google search with this below. It will bring up numerous posts re the matter.

pajero snorkel and catch can site:www2.pajeroclub.com.au

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 16-03-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
Regards the Safari I believe it could be difficult to replace the bulbs in the driver side headlight.

Some will correct me if I'm incorrect.
Na, no problem. Fiddled around with mine with HID globes for a bit. No problem getting in there.
Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club