• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreamerman
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2009
    • Sydney

help identify snorkels

Can you help identify the make of snorkels (TJM, Safari etc) in the pics?

EDIT: I think snorkel2 is Safari and will require water bottle replacement
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dreamerman; 15-03-19, 03:31 PM.
    03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Photo 1 TJM. It requires a smaller washer bottle that comes with the kit. It's mounted in the same place. the same place

Regards the Safari I believe it could be difficult to replace the bulbs in the driver side headlight.

Some will correct me if I'm incorrect.

Comment

• dreamerman
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2009
      • Sydney

Which one is catch can friendly?
      03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2016
        • Greater Sydney

Sorry, no idea as we don't have a catch can.

The Safari also needs the mudguard blinker moved. The TJM does not.

Comment

• dreamerman
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2009
          • Sydney

I am in a catch 22 where I would like to add a snorkel in the future and add a catch can now. What can I do?

Comment

• Pwoffey
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Adelaide

With a TJM (airtec) snorkel you can still fit a catch-can, but it is fixed onto the firewall rather than to the side wall on the driver's side, which is of course now where the snorkel enters the engine bay. I have a TJM snorkel and a HPD catch can; their standard bracket is for the side wall, but if you ask they will supply a different mounting kit for the firewall (just next to the wiper motor). Other brands of catch cans may do similar, people with Mann-Provent etc may be able to advise.
            BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• DT6061
              • May 2015
              • Tea Gardens

I have the TJM Snorkel and provent catch can - some info on this link https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=58663

You can keep the original washer bottle with bit of modification as on this link https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=32250
              2015 NX GLS with stuff added

Comment

• aussieintas
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2013
                • Sorell, Tasmania

Mate do a google search with this below. It will bring up numerous posts re the matter.

pajero snorkel and catch can site:www2.pajeroclub.com.au
                2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Naviguesser
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2013
                  • Crib Point Vic

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                  Regards the Safari I believe it could be difficult to replace the bulbs in the driver side headlight.

Some will correct me if I'm incorrect.
                  Na, no problem. Fiddled around with mine with HID globes for a bit. No problem getting in there.
                  MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
                  ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
                  TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
                  Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X