Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Do It Yourself Projects

Do It Yourself Projects Anything that you have made up yourself. Rear storage systems etc

Old 07-04-15

Just out of interest (and I know less about electronics than you do) would you be able to earth the -ve to the body instead of running to the battery?
Old 07-04-15

Here's mine...

Dual Batteries, heavy Springs, GME UHF, ARB steel Winch Bar, Grande 12000lb winch & Korr LED spot lights from Supercentre, 20in Tigerz11 Lightbar, 2x3m Awning, GLS 16"alloys wrapped in Hercules TeraTrac R/S, LRA 50L aux & 150L tank.
Shortened TJM alloy rack to allow Tent on the rear.

Next: install rear storage, fridge slide & work light. Also install Air Compressor & tank.

Last edited by SparkyDav; 08-04-15 at 08:37 PM. Reason: bad image link
Old 07-04-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by xflamedancer View Post
Just out of interest (and I know less about electronics than you do) would you be able to earth the -ve to the body instead of running to the battery?
You can mate, but if you run the -(negative) back to the battery you'll avoid any unnecessary voltage drop.
Bullbar, spotlights, twin wheel carrier, snorkel, spv, uhf, 3" lift, cargo barrier, bushskinz, 285/70/17 M/T, 2.5m awning, Waeco CFX40, DIY rear storage, drawers, fridge slide & dog floor, Intervolt EBI Pro, 105ah + 65ah batteries, 65L Abber tank & 12v pump.
Old 07-04-15

Just curious, could you do this mod on a Gen 2 using the factory volt gauge? Has anyone tried it? I have been trying to think of a way to put even just a push button style momentary switch so the gauge would read start battery all the time, then press the button to display aux.

NW GLX Diesel: ARB Deluxe Bull Bar, ICOM-450N UHF, RAM Mounts for tablet, phone and Navman, Safari Snorkel, Rhino track mount system with HD crossbars and AT2112 Tray, X-Ray Vision DLB2010 Light Bar, Tigerz11 Awning, Bridgestone D697s. (Have but waiting to fit) X-Ray Vision 160 Series HID spots (pencil beam x 2), MSA DSL50 Drop Slide, ARB 60L Fridge.
Old 08-04-15

cant imagine this being too difficult Mussy. Maybe using a 3-way rocker switch might be better as youl probably get a sore finger waiting for the factory analog gauge to respond to change.

Dual Batteries, heavy Springs, GME UHF, ARB steel Winch Bar, Grande 12000lb winch & Korr LED spot lights from Supercentre, 20in Tigerz11 Lightbar, 2x3m Awning, GLS 16"alloys wrapped in Hercules TeraTrac R/S, LRA 50L aux & 150L tank.
Shortened TJM alloy rack to allow Tent on the rear.

Next: install rear storage, fridge slide & work light. Also install Air Compressor & tank.
Old 12-03-19
Valued Member

Old thread but really handy. I have finally completer my dual batt install and did the dual battery meter as per this post. I installed it next to the ignition. I used the parts shown by the OP for fuses and switch but used an ebay voltmeter (reads .1V low). Works perfectly and the I and II on the switch are perfect for batt 1 & 2.

While I was doing it I also connected the dual batt isolator override to a momentary switch. Haven't needed a jump start in at least 2 years so hope I'm not jinxing myself

Cheers,
James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meter.jpg (137.4 KB, 47 views)
07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates
Old 12-03-19

Nicely done, very neat! I might borrow that idea...
1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II, 100AH dual battery & db140i isolator, Roof basket, 2.5m & 1.4m awnings, 22" LED bar & eBay HIDs, rear LED work lights, Waeco CF40, custom storage shelf, 50L aux tank.
Old 03-04-19

Does the dual battery run parallel all the time?

Or only one can be connected at a time?