Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc

Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc Discussion on pro's and con's of other makes and models.

Old 12-02-19
Valued Member

Default Loaded4x4mag Ford Ranger vs Raptor

http://www.loaded4x4.com.au/issue-006/#1

Click on the review

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Default Raptor Review

Keep in mind, this bloke is generally quite generous in his reviews, I've checked a few. His description of the engine is what many have suspected.

https://youtu.be/-rZSmJwW5sI
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTX View Post
Keep in mind, this bloke is generally quite generous in his reviews, I've checked a few. His description of the engine is what many have suspected.
Quote:
https://youtu.be/-rZSmJwW5sI
"From a standing start this thing is really slow".
Great video review and I think it hits the problem on the head - for the price it just can't compete with the V6 Amarok and V6 Mercedes Benz X-Class.

Also I don't get why Ford couldn't give it a proper centre diff at the price. Lots of neat engineering but I think Ford missed the mark.