• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MinniTheMoocha
    • Jul 2007
    • Eastern Suburbs

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    Yes, that is the usual symptom of a loose belt.

As for people saying they think they have a diff whine, I will say thet you will definately know when you have it. The easiest way to check is to get on a flat freeway and coast along at 100km/h with a very light throttle. When I did this the noise was so loud it was deafening insidew the cab.
    That's excaclty how I am able to get the noise too. Mine will also do it coasting at 80Km/h.
    2007 NS Pajero LWB, Tow pack, FP, 18" rims. A great family adventure car.

Comment

• WogsRus
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2008
      • Hobart Tasmania

I think mine is a wheel bearing, its a vrvrvrvrvrvrvrvrvrvrvrvvrvrvrvr sounds especially prominent at 50 kph. If you back on and off the throttle it doesn't go up and down so makes me thing it's a wheel bearing or something.

I will be putting it up on a hoist tomorrow.
      HAD 2007 NS GLX Pajero, 3.8L grunt, ex Cop,

NOW 50th Anniversary Simpson Edition Poootrol wit some fruit

"Speed doesn't kill. It's the sudden stop at the end"
      "Live everyday as if it was your last, and some day it will"

Comment

• Rogue Paj
        • Nov 2007
        • Perth, Western Australia

I noticed that each wheel has 2 cogs driving a small motor obviously to measure wheel speeds for the traction control. I have heard a very small whine on my Shorty for a while but nothing too bad and just put it down to that. Do you really think MM will grease them every time i dont think so.
        ROGUE PAJ Daniel NS X SWB V6 Pajero ARB Bull Bar, IPF 800XS Spotties, GME TX3420 CB, Dual Batteries, Custom Roof Rack, ROH RTX 16" Rims, 265 75R16 BFGoodrich A/T, 35mm Dobinson coil lift

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X