• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goodsy
    Who ya gunna call....
    • Dec 2010
    • Hervey Bay

Why do you poms have everything metric except distance??
    9L/100km's mixed driving is bloody good!! 11L/100km's is what I'd expect.
    But if your Pajero is pretty stock then if you getting 17L/100km's (14mpg) I'd be looking elsewhere.

I cannot see how blocking your egr has near doubled your fuel eco.
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• evotwo
      • Jun 2013
      • UK

Its not just distance mate - weights, some of the building stuff like screws and bolts and then just to cap it off we throw pints and gallons in - we wouldn't be poms if weren't weird

Not sure whats caused it but it has - have logged my fuel in an app on my phone pretty well since I got her and with fuel being $2.50 plus per litre we like to squeeze as much as possible out of each fill.

I have drilled the plate so not easy to switch back to see if it made a difference.

Comment

• draganlada
        • Dec 2010
        • sydney

I've noticed after my last service (tappets adjusted,timing chain guide and tensioner replaced,EGR and top manifold CLEANED,drive belts replaced,coolant and brake fluid changed) my 08 NS SWB is now using more diesel than it did before service.
        BTW my car never been serviced by a dealer so NO software update have been done

Comment

• Chip Tuning
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2010
          • Sydney

Evo did you drill the throttle plate?
          Robert
          Chip Tuning

Diesel Performance Solutions

Contact [email protected] for 10% forum discount
          (NB: Forum discount applies to Performance Modules only)

Office 02 8090 1881

Comment

• Goodsy
            Who ya gunna call....
            • Dec 2010
            • Hervey Bay

Originally posted by evotwo View Post
            I have drilled the plate so not easy to switch back to see if it made a difference.
            .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
            NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Chip Tuning
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2010
              • Sydney

Thanks Goodsy
              Robert
              Chip Tuning

Office 02 8090 1881

Comment

• dolphin
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2008

i thought in the U.K. they still have Imperial not metric plud mpg not kml and miles per hour not k,s per hour . yes pounds not dollars.
                NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• lizard
                  • Mar 2010

Last week I removed the DPF and replaced it with a **race pipe ** and fitted a EGR with hole. Only problem I have had was the next day the engine died while on cruise control going through the Lane Cove tunnel which is slight down hill ????Lucky to have a Scangauge as I quickly cleared the code on the move while in limp mode then engine stopped ? buggered if I can remember what the code was restarted and not had a problem since .Was getting 11.5 freeway now 10.8. .I'm still running 2 stroke @300/1
                  With the mods so far the truck seems smother and more responsive.

Comment

• evotwo
                    • Jun 2013
                    • UK

chip tuning - what were you thinking

could i un blank and still run with a hole in the throttle plate

Comment

• Chip Tuning
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2010
                      • Sydney

Originally posted by evotwo View Post
                      chip tuning - what were you thinking

could i un blank and still run with a hole in the throttle plate
                      ???

yes you can
                      Robert
                      Chip Tuning

Office 02 8090 1881

Comment

• outbackjack
                        • Dec 2012
                        • Tassie

Originally posted by hydroxinol View Post
                        Awesome explaination. That makes things much clearer for me. Thanks Robert.

So from this I gather that drilling a hole in the Throttle Plate is really only the easiest solution? This would eliminate the low pressure in the manifold by allowing intake air through instead of the EGR valve needing to allow exhaust gas in.

How many people have drilled their Throttle Plate with a full EGR block in place? Have you received any error codes? How big do you need to make the hole? Surely someone has pics of this?

Anyone else using the Chip it EGR Blanking Plate (partial block)? I went for a long drive with it fitted and have not had any issues so far. Interested in hearing other people's experiences and impressions. I am still wanting a full block solution as I hate the fact that hot exhaust air + soot can still find its way into my engine.
                        I done mine same day when I stripped off and cleaned manifold, I drilled throttle plate and have made a partial block with 12mm hole just above exhaust gas cooler, no codes that was on 177 000 kms and have now done 190 000kms.

Some might say a partial block would be useless but follow my reasoning; my pajero never gave me any poor performance apart from a bit of fuel increase after a euro iv emissions upgrade. It was pretty bad sooted but I mainly changed it because of following threads here. I say if it has taken 177 000 km to soot up before I had to clean it, and still run fine with it cleaned, I could probably do another 130 000km before my need to take the motor out and redo the NS. I must also say I have used Cost effective maintenance's flushing concentrate with the cleaning of the manifold and replaced engine oil and filter.

Must say it and I feel much better and it is lighter on fuel for sure.
                        07 NS VRX D-ID

OME coils and Nitrocharger shockers 45mm lift, 265/70/17 Cooper ST maxx, ARB Deluxe bar custom coloured, IPF 900 Extreme spotties, Diesel power chip, 130AH Dual battery, 45 lt Engel, Cargo barrier, Rooftop tent and awning, 12000lb winch

As of late Gxl 200 series V8-D4d

Comment

• old phart
                          • Nov 2013
                          • Huntingdale WA

I blocked off the EGR just to keep the inlet manifold free from soot, I had my NT Paj on a dyno last Saturday with the blank plate in and with it removed, it was a surprise to find the Paj had a little more power without the blanking plate in, about 3KW
                          I've been running it with a full blanking plate for about 7 months now, towing a 2 ton caravan and doing track work, and has never thrown a code or given me grief.
                          If you have an NT Paj or later just do it,(MM dropped the DPF with the NT and later models) I haven't drilled the throttle plate either , I don't have a performance chip and I run 2 stroke, Castrol 2T mixed at 300 to 1, Must be mineral based so it mixes with the diesel, the car runs like a dream and doesn't lack any power while towing, at the end of the day 3KW is nothing.
                          2010 NT Pajero GLX

Bushskinz, 2 3/4" Beaudesert exhaust, Safari snorkel, 2" HD lift kit, Polyair airbags to rear, custom boxes and fridge slide, compressor built in recess of 3rd row of seats. Blocked EGR, Sport 4X4 bulbar, 13000pnd winch, Duel battery, Redark isolator, Redark brake controller, 22" LED light bar, GME UHF, 2.00mt sand flag. 82Lt LRT fuel tank. ARB full length roof rack.Torque converter lockup kit. 265/70/17 LT rubber. 600watt inverter. 21ft Caravan.

Comment

• Chip Tuning
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2010
                            • Sydney

Originally posted by old phart View Post
                            ... I haven't drilled the throttle plate...
                            probably why you had more power without the EGR mod. Drilling the throttle plate will allow clean air to flow into the engine. EGR still has some residual oxygen left in it. Obviously less than oxygen rich fresh air from the turbo.
                            Robert
                            Chip Tuning

Office 02 8090 1881

Comment

• RovinAround
                              • Jul 2014
                              • ACT

On my NP 4M41. I deleted the EGR. And removed the EGR valve from the intake manifold, removed the studs and reattached the front part of intake manifold onto the manifold without the EGR valve. There's enough length in the intercooler pipe to stretch that bit further. Then blocked the vacuum hoses off.

Did the same thing to my TD5 Dico years ago.

The " throttle plate" being reffered to, is not a throttle plate. It's the EGR valve. Get rid of it and the car runs perfect.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X