• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jords
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2011
    • Kellyville Ridge

Those error codes should be made into a sticky
    2007 NS VRX Cool Siver, Mitsu Alloy BB with spotties, MM towbar, Family Pack, ARB Awning, Duel battery with Optima yellow top starter, Bushskinz intercooler and sump combo, 2" lift with Bilstein shocks and HD Lovels, Ultragauge (Sold 2014)

Comment

• Silverfox
      • Apr 2010
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by kiwi1973 View Post
      You say the engine didn't seem to run on the second time you were switching it off. Was the engine light still on after you turned the car off the first time? Perhaps it had reset?

If it were DPF related I'd expect a flashing DPF light also.

Not much more to say without a fault code. I'm currently experimenting with android Torque (the paid version) on my phone together with a cheap Bluetooth ELM327 device from eBay and it has worked for me to retrieve a fault code (and reset the engine check light). Just mentioning this because these days it's possible to retrieve fault codes yourself for minimal cost - even if that doesn't necessarily mean you can do something about it yourself.
      Engine lamp was still on, so no it has not reset. Just started the car up again and the light is still on.
      Definitely no flashing DPF lights. I have had the DPF light come on a few times before but always goes out after a small run.

I've been talking and thinking of buying a scan tool for a while now. I need to get serious about getting one after this.

Comment

• mr_munro
        • Oct 2011
        • Adelaide, SA, Australia

We had something similar on the freeway recently, lost power and gear changes went off.
        after some hunting around it turned out we had split the hose that goes from the map sensor to the inlet manifold giving the car a low boost reading.

I'd be checking it as it's a simple fix that wasn't that easy to diagnose.
        Brett

'07 VRX ,DiD Cool Silver.

ARB deluxe bar and narva lights. Safari snorkel Dual batt's and 80ch UHF. Pacemaker 3" turbo back exhaust. Full egr Block and DPF delete. No limit chip.
        Rear shelf storage + cargo barrier. Tigerz II 12,000lb winch. Lovells and Bilsteins. Bushskinz Cooler, Sump Gaurds and Rock Sliders.
        220,000 and counting.

Comment

• Silverfox
          • Apr 2010
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by mr_munro View Post
          We had something similar on the freeway recently, lost power and gear changes went off.
          after some hunting around it turned out we had split the hose that goes from the map sensor to the inlet manifold giving the car a low boost reading.

I'm out there looking around now with a torch, but being slightly mechanically challenged, I know roughly the vicinity of were to look...... are you able to provide a photo of the hose/location?

Comment

• Silverfox
            • Apr 2010
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by mr_munro View Post

OK Ive found it.
            There is what looks like oil over the hose and around the map sensor.
            I'm guessing the sensor has been fouled by the oil. Where would the oil be coming from?
            Last edited by Silverfox; 29-01-13, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• Goodsy
              Who ya gunna call....
              • Dec 2010
              • Hervey Bay

I'd be totally stuffed without mine.
              .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
              NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Silverfox
                • Apr 2010
                • Adelaide

Update re my engine warning lamp coming on yesterday.

Took it to Mitsu dealer this morning and they have replaced the inlet manifold with the updated version. The fault code was P0106.

Sounds like there was re-mapping required with the new manifold so they also re-flashed/updated the ECU.

All good now

Comment

• REBR
                  • Jan 2016
                  • Sydney

Engine Light ON then Intermittently ASC off light ON & ABS Light ON

Hi There,

(Engine Light ON then Intermittently ASC off light ON & ABS Light ON). When you restart the Engine, Engine Light is on but the ASC off light is off and ABS light as well. I disconnect the battery (Negative terminal), but still the problem is there.Does anyone have the same problem with me. I went to MM they said the Barometric Pressure Sensor is the problem. Since the sensor is located on ECU, they need to replace the whole ECU. I don't think it is the problem. I check the reading of Barometric Pressure in the dashboard compare to actual Barometric Pressure in our place, it almost the same. Can anyone help me with the problem. On DTC recorded error - 37 - A/T Fail and 35 - Engine Fail and 66 - Steer Angle.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

• robeggy
                    • Apr 2008
                    • Nelson Bay

Hi
                    For the last 12 months I have had the Engine light come on with the ASC and Traction control light and limp mode.
                    Always code P0106.
                    Haven't worried about it much as I could clear the fault on the fly thru the Torque app.
                    2 months ago had 120000k service and the dealer found the intake manifold full of soot.
                    They replace the manifold with the newer NT type under warranty along with Map sensor.
                    Have not had any problems since.
                    You do not notice how much the performance drops off slowly over the years.
                    The pajero is a different car to drive now. Much more responsive and flexable.
                    Now have the egr electronic block on now.
                    So if your getting code P0106 and engine light on check the manifolds ,map sensor and hoses.
                    Rob

Comment

• Plunkster
                      • Jun 2016
                      • Panania

Originally posted by robeggy View Post
                      Hi
                      For the last 12 months I have had the Engine light come on with the ASC and Traction control light and limp mode.
                      Always code P0106.
                      Haven't worried about it much as I could clear the fault on the fly thru the Torque app.
                      2 months ago had 120000k service and the dealer found the intake manifold full of soot.
                      They replace the manifold with the newer NT type under warranty along with Map sensor.
                      Have not had any problems since.
                      You do not notice how much the performance drops off slowly over the years.
                      The pajero is a different car to drive now. Much more responsive and flexable.
                      Now have the egr electronic block on now.
                      So if your getting code P0106 and engine light on check the manifolds ,map sensor and hoses.
                      Rob
                      Did they do this in 2016 for a NS Pajero ---- Hats off to MM if they did.

I have a similar problem if they are that good I might start getting my Paj serviced by MM

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X